We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

Alabama
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

Monday, Nov. 21. We walked again to The Village to have lunch at our favorite place Jordan's Creamery. We walked the Parkway again to visit stores we missed on the day before. We went to the Ripley's Aquarium where the Tourist Information Center was located. We inquired about using the trolley for transportation, but the laday insisted that we should just drive to where we wanted to go. We purchased our Trolley Tour of Lights tickets and walked some more. We are lunch at Bubba's Gump Shrimp. We had shrimp and grits. They were lukewarm. We also visited the Bootleggers Homemade Wine and Old Smokey Distillery. The wine and the moonshine weren't to my liking and kinda pricey. The sky was looking pretty dreary; so, we headed back to the motel. We stayed in the rest of the day. It rained a lot. We were unable to go to the National Park.

Day 4. (Tues.)We spent the entire day in Sevierville. First on our agenda was horsebacking riding at Five Stables. We had a Groupon. I had never been on a horse. It was very muddy and this may sound petty, but the horses smelled something awful. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it. It was touch and go for one person in our party. Her horse wasn't in the best of moods and often time did not want to follow commands. It was quite scary when her horse slide down the enbankment and hit the fence. He just refused to stay on the trail. The rider was quite nervous which I don't blame her because I felt uneasy every time that horse wouldn't obey or when we would slide down a muddy hill or when we were very close to an enbankment . I had a wonderful horse. Her name was Dottie. She took her time, stayed on the trail and obeyed command. She was a very "laid-back" horse. My husband had a horse similar to mine. Our guide was very good. He handled the problems with that horse like a profession.

Next, we went to one of the go-kart place. I can't remember the name, but it fine. My husband drove.

Our next stop was Hillside Winery. We did the tasting, of course. They were promoting a "special" so we purchase three bottles of wine for $38.00.

Next, we went to Cique De Cline @ 2pm. We had a Groupon. We really enjoyed the show, although they didn't do the motorcycle stunts. Those performers were amazing. A must see show!

I was hestitate about going to our next place, because it was said that it was "out of the way." They weren't lying. When we got there it was raining hard. We place our orders. We weren't very pleased. Perhaps it was what we ordered. To say the least I was quite disappointed considering this restaurant gets rave reviews. (sorry)

We drove back to Sevierville to do a little shopping a Tangler Mall Outlet Center. It was still raining, but we visited a few stores. The only thing I have to say is if you are looking for bargains, look elsewhere.

We were in the Sevierville area for at least 8hrs. When we got back to the motel, we were exhausted.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

Did I miss what restaurant was out of the way?

So glad you had a good time so far, especially your husband. It will make it alot easier to convince him to return :)

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

I was wondering what the name of that restaurant was, too.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

Enjoying your reports so far but I, too was wondering what restaurant was bad and far from town.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

Thanks for the report.

If you get a chance, let us know the out of the way restaurant so we don't make the same mistake.

Keep the reports coming, thanks!

Alabama
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

I don't want to give any place bad reviews considering it is rating quite high. It was an Italian restaurant. I thinking it was what we ordered that day.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
823 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

I appreciate your not wanting to give a bad review. The boards are for everyone to give their opinion, good or bad. For example, some people love No Way Jose's and some hate it, same with Bennett's BBQ, and almost every other restaurant or attraction. The reviews help us decide whether we want to go or not. Thanks again for sharing your great trip with us.

7. Re: Trip Report (Days 3 and 4)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:15