We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

Alabama
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

We ate breakfast in The Village. We walked to Convention Center to see the Arts and Craft Festival and the Christmas trees. We got to see more of the hotels by not taking Parkway. Once again we browse the shops on Parkway. We went back to the motel to prepare to go to Pigeon Forge. Since we had a little time to kill my husband want to go to the Chevolet place back in Sevierville. Next, we ate at the Taste of India in Pigeon Forge. The food was ok. As we were trying to figure out what we were going to do until the magic show, I spotted the Books Warehouse. When I walked through those doors, I was in heaven!. I could have stayed for hours. I ended up spending $35 for 15 books. We continued down the Parkway until we got to Wonders Work. We still had time to kill so we walked to the Titanic. Back at Wonders Work, we attended Terry E. Wonders magic show. It was good. I loved his inspirational speech and his jokes. Not quite ready to go back to the motel, we ventured to Opry. We visited the little fair located in the front of building. On our way back, I had to stop at Krispy Kreme.

Thanksgiving. We are breakfast at Friar Donut since our favorite wasn't scheduled to open until 11am. Pastry and coffee were ok. Next, we finally got the opportunity to go hike. We did the popular Laurel Falls. The trail was crowded. We enjoyed it. Next we went back to the motel and then walked to Ober Gatlinburg to take the tram to the ski resort not before getting sauage dog with onions. The views were amazing from the tram. The conductor pointed out some interesting facts as we rode the tram. When we got to the ski resort, we rode the ski lift. I like this one better than the one downtown. It's cheaper too. The views were also amazing. There was a band playing good music. This time I didn't buy the picture. We left Ober preparing to do the Trolley tour of lights. We had little time to kill, so we visited the Mountain Mall. The lights tour was ok. I am just used to the huge one at Callaway Gardens in Ga. Lastly, we got snacks to take back to the motel. We prepared to depart in the morning.

Overall the trip was great. We didn't really hit the mark when it came to food. Maybe next time. I am wanting to bring my adult boys during the spring. Thanks for all of the advice.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
780 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

Enjoyed your TR and got some good ideas for future trips. We really liked Marshall's Motel also. Also wondering which restaurant you weren't pleased with. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

Thanks again for the reports.

Glad you enjoyed it. Sorry you didn't feel like the food was great.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,699 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

Great reports! I love reading them. Thanks for sharing!

Haubstadt IN
Level Contributor
336 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :)

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

I really enjoyed your TR, I think we must have crossed paths a couple of times and didn't know it :) We were there too, up and down the pkwy, into the arts and crafts festival and at the Opry, even at the Krispy Kreme!! I think we both have good taste. Sorry you didn't hit the jack pot on the restaurants, we had some really good dinners at Bennetts, Calhouns, Smokey Mtn Brewery. I hope you get to go back with your kids.

6. Re: Trip Report (Days 5 and 6)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:16