We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin, Kentucky
Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
February

Anyone have much experience going in February? Planning on going the weekend of the 18-19th, Presidents Day is that Monday. Very busy?

It's just me and my nephew going on a "guys" trip. So we'll just be hiking in the park and walking around, nothing major.

Cullowhee, North...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: February

It is pretty darn slow. Great time to be here and if the weather is good an even better time to hike! Enjoy the trip!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: February

It depends on which weekend people will visit for Valentine's. We try to go annually for Valentine's day and we usually go the weekend after when it falls during the week. Now we have been there when VD was during the weekend and it was packed! Regardless of that there will be some youth groups there skiing, with most schools out for President's day that gives them a long weekend. I wouldn't expect the park to be that busy but the good restaurants really fill up fast. I think every year there has been a significant amount of snow in the park and several times it has been closed.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: February

Any holiday weekend is typically a little busier but it won't be October crowded. According to this website, there are two youth conferences that weekend which averages about 7500 people.

gatlinburg-tn.com/events.php?mo=2012-02-01

Franklin, Kentucky
Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: February

Thanks. It was either that or MLK weekend. We went then last year and it was pretty slammed, so I think February will be a little better.

Edited: 09 December 2011, 15:23
Virginia
Level Contributor
621 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: February

We go in Jan or Feb every year and never have a problem with crowds. We do avoid the weekend closest to Valentines day though. You'll probably be fine with that. I'd say most will got the weekend before that.

6. Re: February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2012, 10:19