We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My kids are hooked!

Belleville, Illinois
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
My kids are hooked!

We took our 3 boys on their 1st Smoky Mountain tri in June then we went back in October. I fell in love the 1st time I visited 22 years ago and apparently my 3 year old has fallen in love too!

All he talks about are the mountains now. Last month we woke up and it was all foggy here. He said "MOM the smoke came up from Tennessee to us from the mountains!". He was so excited. Then we got a Christmas card last week from the 1st place we stayed in. He then proceeds to tell me he wants to spend Christmas in the Mountains. One of these days maybe my son.

He is already planning a summer trip back and all the rivers he is going to swim in again. Guess I better start planning too.

I'm an nature person and absolute love the Mountains. I'm so excited that my boys want to go back and spend more time in the mountains instead of places like Disney World and what not. Now they just need to get bigger so we can do more hikes :)

Thanks for reading I thought it was to cute not to share.

Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
778 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My kids are hooked!

That's so sweet! My kids always loved the mountains too! We have some good memories there as a family! Glad you do too!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My kids are hooked!

Obviously, you have raised some very intelligent children! ;)

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My kids are hooked!

Awww. How wonderful! Start planning that next trip, Mom!

Cindy

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My kids are hooked!

Passing on your appreciation of the natural world is one of the best things you can do when raising a child. It makes my heart glad to see something like this. Thanks for sharing.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,785 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My kids are hooked!

That is too cute.... it's great they love such an amazing place. My kids love it too and it's like a second home for us.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My kids are hooked!

That's great to hear. You've already started what sounds like a "family tradition" with your family for years to come. Plus, after they have families of their own, they will have the smokies as their "family tradition". I can't think of a better place on earth to visit on a routine basis.

Ray

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My kids are hooked!

The Smoky Mountain's are truly one of the great areas of the SE US as well as the entire country. I have 3 young grand children in NE Alabama that love to visit the Smoky's too.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My kids are hooked!

thank you for sharing...I'm so thrilled that you kids are enjoying the outdoors...especially the Smokeys.

Have you heard of the junior ranger program?

www.nps.gov/grsm/forkids/beajuniorranger.htm

and here are 45 different resources available for kids

www.smokiesstore.org/browse.cfm/2,43.html

Encourage that interest...who knows...it could develop into a career for one of your kids! My fondest memories are camping with my parents and visiting national parks.

9. Re: My kids are hooked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2012, 10:16