We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Gatlinburg For Spring Break March 10-16

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Gatlinburg For Spring Break March 10-16

Hi All! My Mom, Sister, Bro-in-Law, and I will be coming to Gatlinburg/PF for our spring break (Sister, BIL, and I are college students). What is the weather like during that time? Also, how are the crowds? Is everything open? We usually come during late summer and it is so hot and crowded that it's pretty miserable (fun, but miserable lol). We want to do Cades Cove this time around and are hoping that it will be less crowded.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming to Gatlinburg For Spring Break March 10-16

It will be very nice. Probably not to cold and certainly not hot. I have been in march and it snowed. I think you will enjoy it, we too do not like going in the summer. Most of the cabins and hotels will allow the fireplaces to work through April. Everything should be open but on slower days the stores just close earlier. The crowds will be much less than summer but some others will be there on spring break too. You should be able to enjoy the city and cades cove.

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
676 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming to Gatlinburg For Spring Break March 10-16

Almost everything should be opening for the season around the 1st of March. Our weather here is still unpredictable in the spring, but generally we have already seen temperatures back into the 60's. The early flowers are out by then and it's a great time to be outside. Because spring break is spread out across several weeks for different schools in different states we see steady crowds but nothing like the summer months.

Have a great trip.

Dan and Karen

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
411 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming to Gatlinburg For Spring Break March 10-16

I was in Gatlinburlg/Pigeon Forge last March 18-25 and had unseasonably warm weather with it being in the 70s and lower 80s for half of the week. We came from wisconsin so anything above freezing was warm for us.

Everything seemed to be open as far as stores and shows. The shows may only have one show a day, but are open nontheless.

I have visited in Summer as well, but I found March to be great as there is less people and no humidity.

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming to Gatlinburg For Spring Break March 10-16

Thanks everyone! We are very excited to come in the spring! Lighter crowds and cooler temperatures sounds great! :D

5. Re: Coming to Gatlinburg For Spring Break March 10-16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2013, 10:21