We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries?

Southampton...
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries?

Hi Folks,

When you visit and stay in Gatlinburg, where do you buy your grocery items? We'll be renting a cabin (not sure from where yet) and we'll need to pick up stuff rather than fill our car up with extra items. Is there a Wal-Mart or K-Mart or some supermarket nearby?

Thanks for your help!!

DaddyO

Linden MI
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries?

DaddyO I guest there is a Food mart along 321 where exactly where I couldn't tell ya. There is also a superwalmart when you come into Sevierville. Hope this helps.

Ohio
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries?

We always go to Save A Lot on 321 out of G'burg. It is past the other store (Food Lion maybe??). Anyway, we have these stores around here...stuff is alot cheaper than other stores. If you are staying closer to Pigeon Forge, then this wouldn't work, but that's where we hit for the stuff we don't take with us. Hope this helps!!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries?

Here is where we go:

Super Walmart in Pigeon Forge right on the parkway at 4141 Parkway.

Kroger in Sevierville right on the parkway, (down from Smoky Mt. Knife Works)

Kroger on Wears Valley Road in Pigeon Forge (turn at traffic light #3 in P. Forge and go a short distance - it is on the right)

In Gatlinburg there is a Food City and a Save a Lot on 321 towards the Arts and Crafts Community. There is also a couple of small markets in Gatlinburg on the main strip, but they are pricey - we use them for quick, simple things.

Southampton...
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries?

Great info, thanks everyone!

DaddyO

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries?

Last year we found the smaller grocery stores to be quite pricey. The Food Lion (I think was the name) did not have a large variety either.Go for the SuperWalmart.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Groceries?

When we stay in a cabin we always shop at food city the Deli Section is nice and the deviled eggs are really good. We tryed the Fried Chicken but was average last time we stopped at the KFC in Gatlinburg and got a bucket of chicken to go worked out great.

Southampton...
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groceries?

MMMM Fried Chicken, yum!

pauliewalnuts, is the Super Walmart the one between PF and Sevierville?

thanks,

DaddyO

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Groceries?

Yes. My idea would be to stop and load up on sulpplies on your way in. I'm really thinking about doing that this year,too.We are staying in a townhouse room at Midtown Lodge.Last year we stayed at a TimberTops cabin (PureGold).We enjoyed it but this time want to stay in the middle of town.I'm a liitle worried about Midtown. I know it is older and doesn't have all of the bells and whistles I have grown accustom.The balcony overlooking the G'burg strip is the clincher!! It is drawing me in like a balcony overlooking famous Bourbon Street!I am all about people watching.I plan on packing my little cooler,grabbing a chair,pop a top on a brew and watch the folks down below!!! DaddyO when are ya'll visiting?My family will be in town the same time as IrishLake and her crew.

Any tips you may have for me will be warmly received.

Southampton...
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Groceries?

Hey Paulie,

Well, we're not exactly sure when yet. Probably end of May or beginning of June. When will you be there?

DaddyO

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Groceries?

DaddyO:

We will arrive on Memorial day for 6 glorious nights!!Too cool! Maybe we'll pass on the strip. Irish will be there too.

Great minds think alike

PW