We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stonecreek cabin rentals and a couple of other questions

illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
stonecreek cabin rentals and a couple of other questions

We are planning a trip to Gatlinburg for the 3rd week of March and I was looking at Stonecreek Cabins, specifically the Treehouse cabin. I have read the reviews but couldn't find a forum topic with any discussion regarding this company or cabin. Does anyone have any personal knowledge about the cabin, such as location and quality? We are looking for a modern updated cabin that has nice views but is not next to other cabins. Also not so far out or up that it is difficult to get to town. Also we could postpone our trip to the 3rd week of June. Would the trees be leafed out in March and any spring flowers blooming yet? Thanks so much for any help.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stonecreek cabin rentals and a couple of other questions

That is typically the week we go. Not quite spring enough to have leaves or flowers, but the rivers and waterfalls are really gorgeous due to the snow melting. It kinda still looks wintery to me.

Sorry, I cant help with the location of the cabin, but it def looks pretty!!!

illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stonecreek cabin rentals and a couple of other questions

Thank you for your reply. The rivers and waterfalls sound really beautiful but I was hoping to see some greenery as well. I can't decide if we should push the trip back or not. We have never been to this area and I am really excited to see it. When I look at cabins online it is hard to figure out where they are and even though it says 8 or 9 miles from town, I'm not sure what that translates to as far time. It is a little overwhelming trying to choose the right one! Thank you again.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stonecreek cabin rentals and a couple of other questions

It is overwhelming the first few times you book a cabin, but then it gets better once you kinda get an idea of where things are. If you go to this link:

www.tripadvisor.com/VRACSearch…

you can search cabins by map and get a better idea of where they are located. I think a few of the cabin companies also have this option. Jackson Mountain Homes does.

A cabin I really like that is about 5-10 minutes to town with really good views is Dream Maker. It has other cabins around it, but not right on top of each other. It is rented by Gatlinburg Falls resort, but is not inside the actual resort.

The link for that is cabinsofthesmokymountains.com/gatlinburg-cab…

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stonecreek cabin rentals and a couple of other questions

If you want to see greenery and flowers, your best bet would be to visit in mid to later April. The third week in June is also a good time although a bit more crowded.

Cindy

5. Re: stonecreek cabin rentals and a couple of other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 10:36