We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
belle523
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When to book?

We are looking to rent a cabin towards the end of July of this year. I know that it is high season. When should I seriously begin to look at cabins and find one to book? I don't want to start looking too late and not be able to find what we want but I don't want to book now in case our plans change. Thanks!

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book?

belle...I recommend looking now, then make a Favorites Folder to put a good selection to choose from. Periodically look at discounted deals from each company, and maybe even get on their e-mail lists as many companies send special discounts via e-mail or Facebook. Look at rental rules with regards to needing to cancel. If you do choose to wait until alst minute to book, then you can pull up the list of your favorites and see what is still available, then you may also be able to get a better deal, it being last minute. There are SO many cabins to choose from, so you will NOT have any problem locating a cabin to book..but if you requrie certain areas, certain ammenities, then it is better to at least get started with your search, as that is the thing that takes up the most aount of time. Good luck with your search.

Also, if you do wait til the last minute, you can go on VRBO.com and search by dates and location of what is still available at that time.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book?

It really depends on how picky you're going to be. if you have very specific ideas about what you want in a cabin, I'd say the earlier the better. July is arguably the most popular month to visit this area (July or Oct). Our place is booked all but one week in July already.

Good luck with your search for the perfect vacation rental!

Cindy

Edited: 22 January 2012, 15:57
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
404 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book?

Book now but continue looking. A lot of companies require a deposit when booking, but is refundable if cancelled within a certain amount of days within your stay.

I agree with "deputy" make a favorite folder cause there are many of them to choose from.

I am an impulse person myself. Meaning when I booked our cabin for our March vacation, it was probably the 5th one we looked at cause all of them started to look the same.

Haubstadt IN
Level Contributor
336 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book?

It can be overwhelming to find a cabin. There are so many companies plus vrbo. I usually find several I like & bookmark them on my computer. We book around 4 months out from our trip. If you wait too long, the "good ones" will be taken. We had this happen for our upcoming March trip. :(

New Tripoli Pa
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book?

I agree with everyone on the only favorite folder! We to are travel to the Smokey Mountains the end of July! I have been looking since October and have upwards of a 100 cabins in "my folder" lol. I now am getting serious about booking our cabin!!

6. Re: When to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:33
Get answers to your questions about Gatlinburg