We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg and Dollywood

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg and Dollywood

Hi everyone,

We are planning on spending a few days in the area in April. First,

is April a nice month and is it warm? Second, can anyone tell us a good hotel that is nice and not to far from Dollywood? Lastly, how is Dollywood and is it nice for teens? Is there a lot to do? I know Gatlinburg has tons to do. I so appreciate all of your help. Thanks.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg and Dollywood

You can probably expect highs around 70 and lows around 45-50 degrees in April. Of course it's not an exact science.

Can't help with a hotel in PIgeon Forge since it's been so long, and we stay in cabins thee days. Others know of plenty.

Dollywood is fun for lots of people. I guess it depends on the teen. It's a very clean amusement park, very family friendly, with employees who go out of their way to help in any way they can. There are lots of rides, and last I recall, teens love rides. Lots of shows, might not be geared towards teens, but I see all sorts there.

The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is a wonderful place in the Spring. I highly recommend getting teens out there to develop an appreciation. Hiking, horseback riding, and just enjoying nature. A vacation they will never forget.

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg and Dollywood

Thank you so much. I agree with enjoying the park. My son would love it. He loves rides and I am sure would enjoy dollywood. Thanks again!

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg and Dollywood

I've never been this time of year but I would guess that the weather would be ideal. It can really get hot in the South from May-September. I would definitely go to Dollywood. There are a lot of neat rides and great shows. As far as hotels, we have stayed at the Red Roof Inn and Econo Lodge Riverside. Both are nice hotels and reasonable on the price. If you have time, I would drive out to Cade Cove. It's a beautiful drive with wildlife and many historic items.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg and Dollywood

We love Dollywood and my son loves to go and ride all the roller coasters. we have been going for years and he is now 20 and can't wait to go back this summer and ride the new one that is opening up.we always get

season tickets and we think Dollywood is a must.

As far as hotels goes we stay at Park Grove Inn. it's the only hotel we use while visiting the area, if not staying in a cabin.

www.parkgroveinn.com

hope you have a great time

Edited: 29 January 2012, 01:18
Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
326 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg and Dollywood

It was in the 80's during the day last year. We had beautiful weather all week. I remember the following week I read reports of it raining and being chilly the whole time. Its a game of chance i suppose. Either way, there is plenty of things to do and see.

6. Re: Gatlinburg and Dollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2013, 10:31