We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aardvark Cabin Rental-Mountain Blessing

ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aardvark Cabin Rental-Mountain Blessing

Can anyone give me a review on this cabin. I have heard alot of bad about their other cabins but what about this one? It is located in the Preserve Resort area.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rental-Mountain Blessing

I cannot find a review of this cabin, but like you, I'm familiar with their lousy reputation here on Tripadvisor. They rate a big fat F at the better business bureau.

No way I take the chance of renting with this outfit. Vacations are too costly, and time is too short to deal with the type of bad experience these folks have provided in the past.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rental-Mountain Blessing

I have rented with 3 cabin rental companies in the Smokys thus far. Only one would I use again, and that is Cove Mountain Realty. They are located in Wears Valley, and we had an exceptional experience with them.

On the other hand, we had a bad experience with Aardvark, with the "Morning Desire" cabin Labor Day weekend 2012. The photos for this cabin are several years old and the cabin is no longer as glorious as shown. Also, it is much smaller than it looks in the photos. Of particular interest was the bat droppings (guano) on the upper and middle decks (quite a bit) and the one bat we saw nesting in the pinnacle of the upper deck. The outdoor ping pong table was covered in bird droppings. Only one of the pinball machines worked (and we read in the comments book that it hasn't worked for 2 years). The hot tub didn't work for the first 2 days we were there. There were mouse droppings in one of the kitchen cabinets.

But worst of all, there was dried semen on our bed spread!!!!!!! Come on people!

Last year we stayed at a cabin managed by Auntie Belham's. This cabin had a wireless router, which the company advertised, but the listed password didn't work the first few days. The air conditioning unit had a new thermostat and even the maintenance guy had no idea how to program it, so each day I would have to reset it so we didn't roast. There were other problems too. However, I will say that they did refund $200 of my rental fee for all our troubles. Can't say the same for Aardvark.

3. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rental-Mountain Blessing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:15