We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autumn Ridge - Jackson Mountain Homes

illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Autumn Ridge - Jackson Mountain Homes

After all my "investigating" we decided on Autumn Ridge through Jackson Mountain Homes. I am hoping we made a wise choice for our first trip to Gatlinburg. We are coming the 3rd week of March and I'm slightly worried about the weather and actually getting to the cabin. I couldn't find out much information on the area that the cabin is located in "Roaring Fork" so if anyone has any comments or suggestions about the area that will make this trip more successful, I'd be interested to hear them. Comments good or bad would be great. Thanks.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Autumn Ridge - Jackson Mountain Homes

I've stayed in Roaring Fork, and it's practically right in town. Even if there were road issues in late march, I believe they would be resolved in 24 hours or less. It would take some pretty serious weather to make the situation more difficult.

We enjoyed our stay up there, though we prefer something more isolated most of the time. It's very convenient to town, the Food City grocery, and the Greenbriar and Cosby areas of the national park. Even though the Roaring Fork Motor Trail is closed for winter, you can drive up in there far enough to explore the nature trail behind the Bud Ogle Place. Easy walk...should be peaceful in that time of year.

Gatlinburg
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Autumn Ridge - Jackson Mountain Homes

Though weather can be tricky in late March typically it is quite nice. Autumn Ridge is located on Gatlinburg city streets and if we have a winter weather event they will be plowed by the city once the main roads are serviced. This can take some time though so it is best to have some supplies if bad weather is predicted. The Roaring Fork area is quite close to town and therefore very convenient. Hope this helps.

illinois
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Autumn Ridge - Jackson Mountain Homes

Thank you both for the information. I guess I can't really visualize where we booked this cabin. I thought it was fairly high up because of the reviews I read about the roads. So I'm kind of confused about it being located on city streets. I'm sure it will all turn out great though. I'm excited about our trip.

4. Re: Autumn Ridge - Jackson Mountain Homes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:07