We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report---March 17, 2012

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report---March 17, 2012

Left home early Saturday morning for our make-up trip to the Smokies. Planned to go through Sparta-Cookeville, TN for one night to visit the area where my mother was born. Never been there so mark that off my bucket list. Wanted to stay in Cookeville but all the hotels were booked because of a baseball tournament. So, we decided to drive two more hours to Pigeon Forge. Traffic was heavy through Sevierville but came to a standstill as we came into Pigeon Forge. Took us about 30 minutes to go one mile! Stopped at Econo Lodge Riverside as we had are hearts set to stay there. Unfortunately, they had no vacancies so we settled for the Comfort Suites on Teaster Lane. Bad decision as we were unhappy with the room. Decided to stay because we were worn out. (separate review to follow) Went to a very late dinner at IHOP. I know that's now very exciting but we wanted breakfast and have always had very good service there. We checked out of the Comfort Suites this morning and moved to the Econo Lodge Riverside. We got a great rate ($50.00 per night) and love the room. I will try to provide another report tomorrow. Need to go get ready to have dinner at J. T. Hannah's. We plan to go up to Gatlinburg tomorrow. It's great to be back in the beautiful Smoky Mountains!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report---March 17, 2012

Sorry your trip started off badly, but at least you were able to book at the EconoLodge Riverside. We love that hotel! But how in the world did you get a room for $50?!? It's always been closer to $95 for us. Lucky!

Looking forward to your next report!

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report---March 17, 2012

Thanks BradMac. That is their standard rate Sunday-Thursday for a room facing the river or the parkway. Poolside rooms are a little more. We have a room on the river side of the hotel and it is so relaxing to walk out and see the river and the ducks. The rooms are a little small but have been remodeled. We love it. We usually stay in Gatlinburg at the Clarion but it was going to cost us about $150.00 per night to stay there.

3. Re: Trip Report---March 17, 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 09:22