We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

Southaven...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

I was looking at the Blond Giraffe website and noticed they had a location in Gatlinburg on the Parkway.

Their Key Lime pies looks very good. I hope they are still in business.

Was it good? Worth the money?

2nd thing I came across was the Shamrock Lounge/bar/restaurant on Reagan Dr across from Ripley's.

This looks like a nice fun plce to shoot pool or play darts or just stop in for a drink.

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks for any help.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

Waterfall;

We stay at the Econolodge on Regan alot and pass by the Shamrock lounge all of the time.....seems to be a really nice small bar and has live music outside on the weekends in the warmer months.

Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

We have had products from the Blond Giraffe in Key West. I can tell you the chocolate dipped Key Lime pie on a stick is deee-vine! Decadent almost! We brought some of the cookies home and they are very good as well. Regular Key Lime pie is also delish. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

T'he bar across from Ripleys, is a very small hole in the wall. It seems to get a lot of locals after they get off work in town. But that's not to say you wouldn't enjoy it. I've been there twice over the years and left after just a few minutes. Too smoky for me =-( That's my biggest complaint about town, is the fact that smoking is still allowed indoors. I always feel sick and my asthma acts up the morning after being out in town.

Southaven...
Level Contributor
103 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

Thank you all for your insight.

We are both non smokers so this is one place we probably will not go to.

As for the Key Lime pie on a stick. That is what caught my attention. It looks heavenly.

FL
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

Blond Giraffe was very popular in Key West. after years of success they got into some financial trouble, mostly because of some ridiculous lawsuits. almost overnight they were closed and their customers were stunned. the owners recently relocated to gatlinburg, I believe the store just opened in january. I'm curious to hear if it's still the same after the move.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 07:41
6. Re: Blond Giraffe & Shamrock Lounge/Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:23