We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are finally returning September 2012!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
We are finally returning September 2012!

After a rough few years, we are finally returning for a short vacation in Gatlinburg! We drove through the area in October of 2009 on our way to a wedding near Brevard NC and haven't been back since. We are way overdue! Husband just found out his vacation request for a day or two in September has been granted, so we will be Smokies bound! (I'll be keeping my daughter out of 1st grade for that week, does that make me a bad parent? ;-) )

We'll be arriving on the 17th and leaving on the 20th or 21st. Our usual place in Gatlinburg Village townhomes is booked. :( So we're on the hunt for a new place. Open to any suggestions. We need 2 bedrooms, updated and a decent rate. Husband is wanting a hot tub, but it's not a deal breaker if there isn't one. We love being close to town, walking distance is ideal, but again not a deal breaker for the right price.

Are there any new restaurants we should check out?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
411 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are finally returning September 2012!

I just returned from Gburg and stayed at Creekside Chalet with Elk Springs. It is within walking distance and has a hotub. It is listed as 1 bedroom but it has a full size couch/hideway bed in the entrance like a 2nd bedroom. Has a hutch, flatscreen, and heater for that area. Then you go upstairs to the living/kitchen/bath/bedroom area. Cabin is nicely updated and we didn't have any bug problems. Check them out.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are finally returning September 2012!

Irish...YAY, I am so happy for you!! =-) As for places in town, I have a friend that likes to use Gatlinburg Towers condos on Baskins Creek. It is within walking distance if you 'like' to walk, but would be too far for me to walk back and forth,,,but I do think the trolley goes right to the front door. She said they have always been happy there. It is up past where Jack Huffs is, about a couple more blocks.

As for newer restaurants, El Loco Burro, Johnny Rockets, Dicks Last Resort, and the New Orleans Sandwich Company back in Baskins Square Mall...Also they have opened up another Best Italian where they owned another resturant by Aunt Mahalias Candy store (the original one is still open back by Howards). I'm sure there are a couple more, but I can't think of them right now.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are finally returning September 2012!

Dep, I'm familiar with that area, that's where Gat Village is (love the whole residential area of Light #6 regardless! Easy walk to town for us). I will do some searching for Gat Towers. Thanks!

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are finally returning September 2012!

You're welcome Irish! =-) Hope you find what you're looking for there. My friend has stayed there about 5 times and said each time things were good. I too like that area of town as well. I like that you can get onto 321 east from there without having to go out onto the Parkway during those busy days.

5. Re: We are finally returning September 2012!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:16