We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation starts in 10 days!

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation starts in 10 days!

I.CAN.NOT.WAIT! So excited to see those beautiful mountains again soon. Looking forward to some hiking, photography and good eats!

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

Vee...Yay! Smoky Mountains must be calling lots of us now...heard of many people heading down this month! I'll be there in 10 days myself! =-)

I too will be doing some hiking, some good eats, seeing some great friends, and a bit of local travel as well. Have a great trip! =-)

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

18 more days for me! Have a great trip, VeeBee.....you, too Deputy! Unfortunately no hiking for me because of my health issues but with brand new camera in hand, I plan on visiting all my favorite places in the park as well as taking a drive on the Foothills Parkway for the first time and hopefully getting some great photos! Also, I'm going to try to find those old cottages in Elkmont that you can drive past (before they are all torn down). Hopefully we'll all have some wonderful weather while we are there!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

Vee.....

Vacation envy is now running high!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

I hope you guys have great trips! I have to wait till July 4th weekend. :(

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

These reports are hard on the folks who have just returned from the Smokies. We were just there the last week of March and we won't be returning until the end of October.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
378 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

Was just up there this morning. Headed back tomorrow morning to meet with the HOA liaison for our condo we just bought. Yep. We're officially locals/locus now.

7. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 April 2012, 18:05
Alexandria,AL
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

Have a wonderful trip!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

We just got back last week and I'm ready to go back...We have a cabin booked June 24th but I really don't think I can wait that long, I'm hoping to get down for a weekend in May. I wish I could buy a cabin there someday. Love the area.

I hope everyone going down soon has a wonderful trip. happy and safe travels.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
474 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation starts in 10 days!

You are so lucky, we won't be back in Gatlinburg until late October.

Have a safe & fun trip.