We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

Anyone know why we are getting posts from other forums on the GB forum. Has it always been this way. Just noticed??

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

probably because many people in certain parts of tennessee frequesnt the city often and can lend a "visitors" sense that some locals may miss when givin advice. its good to get advice from both locals and other vistitors when planning a trip to ANY city!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

I haven't noticed. I did a quick check and didn't notice anything obvious. I usually read the Tennessee forum instead. It lists the sub-forum of each posing in the listing so you can see whether it's Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Smokey Mountains, etc. When people are going to the Smokies, they generally go to this general area and are forced to pick one forum. So if I were monitoring only the Gatlinburg forum, I'd miss a relevant question that someone happened to post in the Pigeon Forge forum or the Smokey Mountains National Park Forum. By monitoring the Tenessee forum, I can see them all (and ignore postings from Memphis, Nashville, etc.)

But anyway, back to your question. If they are there, I'd guess it's probably because the poster selected the wrong forum by accident, or ignorance, rather than the web site getting posts from other forums by mistake and adding them to correct postings for the forum you called up.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

I haven't noticed any posts on here that were not directly related to Gatlinburg or PF.

That is pretty weird, isn't it?

Actually I have seen it happen on other forums.

Like someone asking about Gatlinburg on the Florida forum.

Cottage Hills...
Level Contributor
547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

Well, I suppose it could have been an anomaly, like the time I noticed a pop up and asked if anyone had ever withesses this before.

Or, it might have been very late in the evening and.....

I will follow up if it happens again....and..

Thanks for the replies

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
860 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

Mrkeen~wow, it sounds like people are trying to convice you that you've lost your mind:)

I haven't noticed any odd questions on the forum. I have however received pop-ups on my home computer. My work computer, there is no problems. So no, it's not just you.

Wv
Destination Expert
for West Virginia
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

You're not losing your mind. I have seen them too. I think it happens when one of the "search words" end up in both places....such as Grand Canyon (meaning national park) and a "grand canyon" in another country. I have seen this on the grand canyon forum.

Bowling Green...
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Posts from other cities in TN. on Gat forum

Mountain Man...yes, I do remember your post about Florida. But, yours was not the one that I was referring to. The one I read was several months ago. Did not think yours was strange in the least. Sometimes I think talking to bears could be more beneficial than talking to some humans.

You are quite the character and maybe one day we will meet on the streets of Gatlinburg.

Was wanting to stop in to see Michelle, at the Clarion, and then remembered that they do not work on weekends. So, maybe another time.

I hope she remembers us. She certainly cannot forget Kelly's cake!!!