We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

stewie008
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

Can anyone recommend a pet-friendly hotel/motel located in downtown Gatlinburg? We'd like to take our two small dogs when we vacation in June. We've stayed at the Midtown Lodge before, but I understand that it has since closed down.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

There is the former Ramada on the strip. The reviews are very mixed. I've not stayed there, but have considered it.

Not too many motels that allow pets.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

You can go over to the left side of the page and click on Gatlinburg hotels and under "amenities" click on "pets allowed". It should list the hotels in Gatlinburg that allow pets and give you their reviews. Truthfully, not many are left. There is the Microtel, the Four Seasons (former Ramada), both Red Roofs and the Holiday Inn (maybe Garden Plaza). I would stay away from that last one though, no matter what the reviews say. The front building is all boarded up currently. They only rent the back building. It looks very creepy around there.

Middletown
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

The Mountain Heritage Inn on River Road used to allow pets. Haven't stayed there in quite awhile so, not sure if their policy has changed, but you can always give them a call and check.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

Good advice, sunshine!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

We stayed at the red roof last Thanksgiving because we were traveling with my in-laws and they had their dog. It was nice and I would stay there again. My only complaint was it's not within walking distance to downtown. If that's not a concern for you then it would be great. They advertise they are 2 blocks from the aquarium but they are large blocks :) http://www.redroofinntn.com/

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

On Hwy 321 there is a Barks & Recreation Doggie Day Care and Boarding. I brought a very active pup with me last year and let her go and Play during the day--very clean and interaction with the dogs was great....

Carol/LA

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

We too, always stayed at Midtown lodge for years. But since it recently closed we stayed at the the Four Seasons on our last trip. As good a location to downtown as Midtown but our room was pretty shabby at best. We stayed near the motel office in a 2nd floor room. We are going back this weekend and the Four Seasons say they have us booked in the back tower rooms which according to them have been renovated. We'll find out after this weekend.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

I haven't stayed in Four Seasons before, but have gone in to check the place out as well as asked to see a couple of rooms. The place was one of the nastiest places I have ever been in. I think the only reason they stay open is their location.

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

Agree location is definitely their main asset. "The place was one of the nastiest places I have ever been in" - don't know that I would go that far personally, and I HAVE stayed there. Not having actually stayed you might be stretching it a bit. But again we'll find out this weekend if they really do have renovated rooms or not.

Now if it wasn't for us having that little dog we surely would be staying a different place.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pet-Friendly Gatlinburg

We are going next week and booked at the Red Roof Inn. We are brining our two dogs, one large..one small. Took some serious researching to find pet friendly places that didn't charge or would let a dog over 25 lbs stay.