We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
15 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

We are planning to Gatlinburg coming Sept. Smoky mountain isn't suitable f young toddler? I checked Dollywood and Riplers aquarium ... Any other suggestion what should do and where to go f young toddler family ? Suit to infant 5 months and toddler 2 age ?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
461 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

I would spend a day in the park it self. The infant will be in a stroller or baby bjorn the whole time I am sure, but the two year old will probably love the park. Many stops to pull over and play in a stream. I would drive to cades cove. Many places to stop and pull over to satisfy a two year old. Once you get to cades cove, there are also many places to stop especialy for your infant. Pack a picinc lunch.

Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
520 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

Exactly why we waited until our youngest was 2 and oldest was 5 before going. Back then there were things like Bunny Golf (miniature golf with live bunnies all over the place). Dollywood of course has the young kid area, so it was fine and they were both entertained. The park was good as was Cades Cove, seeing the deer and other wildlife.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

You can still do about the same as you do at home. Depending on the child, you can still do shows and going out to eat, most places will let the 2 year old putt putt for free if someone else is playing. There is a zoo in Sevierville. Sometimes it might be easier to order a pizza and eat in your room, a picnic would be easy too, just buy some Kentucky fried chicken dinner or pick up some sandwiches and go to the park, the baby will probably fall asleep.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

Gburg and especially Pigeon Forge is a young kids playground. Our kids have been going from birth to now 10 years old and it's their favorite place. In P.F. there are several kiddie parks with small "carnival like" rides as well as big rides and go-cart tracks. There is the 3 bears store which is a huge gift/souvenir shop and has some bears you can go in and feed (this is sad to me but my kids like it). I don't know where your staying but along the river there are ducks that like to be feed. We take a box of old crackers and feed them. If you drive into the arts and craft community there is a Christmas store there, Santa's Clauset and Santa is there year round. The shows are very family friendly, my daughter was 2 when we went to the comedy barn and there is so much going on if they get loud no one will notice:)

If your not familiar with the area check out www.discoverthesmokies.com and you can take a virtual tour through the towns.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

I would like to suggest a picnic lunch at Met Caff bottom, it's on the way to Cades Cove it about 5 miles or so past Sugarlands visitors center. the picnic area has a nice creek that your 2 year old can play in and wade around in. it is sooo nice to just grill out or have sandwiches and enjoy the beautiful mountains.. I would love to also suggest going to the Magic Show with Terry Evanswood in wonderworks, it's really a GREAT show and it's for all ages. the price is really cheap and the kids will get in free. And of course you can' t pass up Dollywood they have lots of things for a 2 year old. If your staying in a hotel or cabin they have swimming pools that all kids can enjoy even the baby.

go and have a great time

tn
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

I agree with the magic show. its super cheesie but good price and the kids love it!!! Dollywood is a great place for all ages. I am taking a 2 year old as well as 5 other kids in a week of so. the country fair area has rides just for toddlers. you will also find a coal engine train to ride all around the park into an old town of sorts. there are many things in pf for a child to do. lots of things for families like putt putt and rides for children of all ages. we have taken our children up there from birth to now grown up with their own children. Its a great family place to visit

tn
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

I meant to add the aquarium is also a great place for young kids. last year I took a 1year one and my 6 year old as well as my 18 year old and we all enjoyed it!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,270 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

I know this sounds strange, but Bass Pro Shops in Sevierille has a huge Aquarium on location. It is free to look at and your toddler would probably enjoy it. Also the indoors are decorated to look like the outdoors with stuffed real animals, waterfall, cliff and etc. Another place that is similar is the Smoky Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville. They have a river inside and scenes set up to look like the outdoors. They also have a huge Raccoon and Bear downstairs that sing and play instruments. I have posted reviews and photos for both locations IF you are interested in seeing what it looks like!

Also your toddler might like feeding the ducks beside the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge. You can take your own feed or buy some out of the bubblegum stule dispenser on location.

Hope this helps.

9. Re: Gatlinburg with 5 months old n 2 years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:16