We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Rental

Harrisburg, Pa
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Rental

Has anyone had any experience with Southland Jeep Rental.

www.southlandcarjeeprental.com

or any other Jeep rental facility in the area? Are there other options?

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
378 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Rental

They have three or four, maybe up to 6, Jeeps, each with their own name like The Green Monster. Some are heavily customized and some are not. I've not rented from them, but I drive past them on a regular basis after making a hardware store run to Trentham's, or on our way back to the Knoxville house. They got pretty banged up during the hailstorm and had a paintless dent repair guy out there for several days working on getting them back in order. From what I can see just in passing, their Jeeps are pretty well taken care of.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Rental

We went in there to ask about rates for a rental in case we flew in to Knoxville. Their requirements are VERY stringent, and at that time had a poster saying that the cost of NOt bringing a rental back in their stated condition, would cost $800 dollars. I wish I had taken a picture of it with my phone, but I was too dumbounded to even talk. If you rent from them, please let us know about your experience!

CArol

Harrisburg, Pa
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep Rental

we reserved one for mid-late July, I will report back.

Harrisburg, Pa
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep Rental

UPDATE: Back from trip.

The rental went off without a hitch. The jeep was great. You do have to sign your life away inorder to rent, but they were friendly and helpful and did not seem to be too overly picky on our return. We did however have to keep our miles below 150 per day....staying in PF and doing Roaring Fork, Cades Cove and the park we got close to the max without penalty. I would rent from them again and do suggest calling and reserving in advance.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep Rental

Thanks for the followup on the rental. Glad ya'll had a great time. Hopefully you were there when the gas prices dropped!

Carol/LA

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Harrisburg, Pa
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep Rental

PF gas was around 3.29 a gal....in G-Burg last station prior to the park gas was 3.65 a gal Ouch.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep Rental

The more you shop at Food City, the more you save at their gas pumps if you use the Food City card. 3.65 really hurts!!!

Carol

8. Re: Jeep Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2012, 01:13
9. Re: Jeep Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:18