We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five best places to eat?

West Virginia
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Five best places to eat?

We are heading to Gatlinburg for four days in August. :) We are staying at Carr's Cottages. What are your favorite places to eat while in the Smokies? One place we want to try is English Mountain Trout Farm, it sounds like a fun place and I think the kids will enjoy it. Not really wanting to eat at any chain restaurants. I like to find little out of the way places. Anyone have any suggestions?

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five best places to eat?

Calhoun's is our favorite place. But we also like Smoky Mountain Brewery, Best Italian, Blaine's and Los Rancheros.

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Five best places to eat?

My favorites are:

**Calhoun's (locations in PF and Gat)

**Applewood Farmhouse Grill (near the PF/Sevierville city line_

**Alamo (locations in Gat and PF_

**Old Mill Cafe & Grill --great for lunch (Located across steet from Patriot Park and the Old MIll)

**Cherokee Grill (in Gat)

Edited: 18 July 2012, 18:08
West Virginia
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Five best places to eat?

We have Calhouns on our list for dinner one night, Old Mill and Carver's for breakfast so far. Four days is just not enough time!!

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Five best places to eat?

We like Bennett's, JT Hannah's and Mel's Diner. None of them are really "out of the way" type places, but they are all good and some of our favorites.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,857 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Five best places to eat?

Calhouns, and Smokey Mtn Brewery for dinner.

Log cabin pancake house for breakfast

Bennetts BBQ for lunch

Apple Barn for late breakfast or early lunch (it's enough for 2 meals)

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Five best places to eat?

Just in case you don't already know this, there are 2 different restaurant establishments. There is "The Old Mill" which is at...surprise...the old mill. Southern cooking with big portions...most people love it....I'm not one of those. Then, across the street, there is "The Old Mill Cafe & Grill"...right next to the pottery store. I may be wrong, but I don't think it's a dinner establishment. It is really good...always get good reviews...look it up on TA under Pigeon Forge restaurants. In fact, look both up as they are very different.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Five best places to eat?

for my family it's

1. Cherokee Grill in Gatlinburg for AMAZING steaks

2. Log Cabin in Gatlinburg for breakfast

3. Old Mill in Pigeon Forge it you go after 4pm your dinner includes a salad and dessert free

4. Blue Moose in Pigeon Forge for the best homemade onion rings and Bad Dogs (a special kind of hot dog)

5. Calhouns in pigeon forge great ribs

Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Five best places to eat?

I stand corrected on The Old Mill Pottery Barn Cafe & Grill. It is open for dinner...maybe I'll try that some time. Here is a link :

http://www.oldmillsquare.com/cafe.htm

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
302 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Five best places to eat?

Calhouns's - Steak

Huck Finn's - AYCE Catfish and Chicken

Atrium - Pancakes/Breakfast

Hofbrahaus - Super Reuben/Sandwich

Bennett's - Breakfast Buffet and BBW for dinner

West Virginia
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Five best places to eat?

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!! Tommer, we are going to try the Old Mill Pottery Barn Cafe & Grill for dinner. We like the restaurant for breakfast, but for us, it is just way too much food for dinner. Can't wait to try out some new places!!