We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

I just booked Park Grove Inn in Pigeon Forge for Oct.7th-9th and Nov.9th-11th. I can't wait. I love every season. I love to see all the Fall decorations and all the Christmas ones as well. I was going to come in Dec. but sometimes the weather gets bad when we decide to go and some of the roads are slick early in the morning hours, so we decided to come a little early this year, but I'm afraid it will be extra crowded this time since it's the first weekend of the christmas season, has anyone ever been there on the first weekend of the Christmas season, that can give me on what to expect.

Thanks

1. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2012, 01:13
Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

Congratulations Hager, I know you're excited. I've never been in the smokies for Christmas time. Maybe someday I will. The closest to Christmas we've been there is the whole month of November. But we have been there for the start of "winterfest" many times. The Christmas lighting just makes a vacation at that time much more "homey".

Ray

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

thanks guys, I have been there in Nov. before but I have never been there the first weekend of winterfest, I have always waited till the next weekend. Ray, you should spend at least one Christmas there. We spent one there year before last and it snow like 7 inches Christmas day, it was amazing. people were sledding down the hill behind the Applebarn and it looked like a picture that someone had painted.

Tombstone, Arizona
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

Good for You and Yours. Christmas Time in the Mountains is always invigorating, especially for the Spirit. A little s

Snow makes it better.

Hope your weather cooperates and this is ONE of the greatest visits you ever make.

Edited: 27 July 2012, 15:01
Tombstone, Arizona
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

Good for You and Yours. Christmas Time in the Mountains is always invigorating, especially for the Spirit. A little show makes it better.

Hope your weather cooperates and this is ONE of the greatest visits you ever make.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

Thank you very much nanotec, I think any season is wonderful if you are in the Smokies. But usually when we go in Dec. here in Ky. the roads will be a little icy which scare's me. so I planned it a little earlier this year.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

You can never tell what the weather will be, we were there one April when it snowed in PF.We have visited in all seasons, but my favorite is the fall season, all the places in the area just decorate their exteriors so pretty and that is something not too many people or shops do around home. The Christmas season is nice too, but the weather can be so unpredictable and I don't want to have to ask someone to drive in the snow to take care of our animals while we are gone.

8. Re: YAY!!! I'm booked for the Fall and Christmas season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:17