We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

booked 2 Christmas Shows for November ”

Sep 08, 2012, 2:37 PM

I just booked Christmas at Smoky Mountain Opry and the HatField and McCoy Christmas show both shows were $59.95. I have never been to either show just wondering if anyone can tell me if these are good shows.

smokymtnopry.com/shows/christmas-smoky-mtn-o…

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
274 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

When we went to the Hatfield and McCoy show last year, I asked one of the actors who was out in the lobby before the show if there was going to be a Christmas show. They told me that the story didn't really lend itself to a Christmas theme, so I would be surprised if the shows during the Christmas season are any different than the regular show. As a West Virginian, I don't think the regular show lends any resemblance to the true story. If dumb humor and clog dancing are your thing, you may enjoy the show. I endured it once, but I won't go back. I miss the Black Bear Jamboree. We have not seen the Smoky Mountain Opry - last year was only the first year for it, and we haven't been there yet.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

We must be easy to please, we really enjoyed the Hatfield and McCoy show, and our DGD, age 4, was kept entertained and she even ate her food. DGS, age 10 was happy too. What I really liked was the very end of the show, when you were exiting the theater, I hope they have not changed that. We liked the food too, we had the regular meal.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

We did both of these last Nov. They both were wonderful. We loved the food and the show at H &M. My kids 10 and 4 even enjoyed both shows and it kept them entertained the whole time and it's a great deal especially for a dinner show. The only thing I would do different is get to the H&M show a little early. I felt rushed to eat, they want you done eating before the show starts so there is no distractions. The only other dinner show we have done is the Dixie Stampede and we ate during the show so that's what I was expecting to do again. The Christmas Opry is wonderful and a great way to get in the Christmas spirit. The end was a very moving with a live nativity scene. Enjoy!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

saratogarox, Hat Field and McCoy have a Christmas show this year, it is on there web site. It looked like it would be good, So I thought we would give it a try since we got both shows for $59.00. I hope the food is good and not just canned foods, I want some good home cooked food. I have read such different reviews on this show, so I guess we will just have to jump in and give it a try.

thanks for everyone's great info I think we will have a great time.

I'm really excited about the Christmas at the Smoky Mountain Opry show, I think it will be great.

Edited: 10 September 2012, 01:13
Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
274 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

hagerhill, thanks for the information. I hope after you see the H & M Christmas show that you will post a review. While I did not care for their regular show, I love a good Christmas show - so let us all know if it was worth attending.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

will do Saratogarox, I love a good Christmas show too. but I have always been a little worried whether I would like Hat Field and McCoy show, after reading the reviews but I love Murder Mystery show and have went there many times and some people don't like it, so I thought why not give this show a try, I hope I didn't wast my hard earned money lol. But hey I guess it's worth one shot anyway.

I can't wait till Nov. now

7. Re: Booked 2 Christmas Shows for Novermber

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 10:15