We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Creek Lodge or Sleep Inn

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Old Creek Lodge or Sleep Inn

Hi, Dad & DD21 will be in Gatlinburg for 2 nights, to visit the Smokies as well as Dollywood, in late Dec, as part of a roadtrip around the south. Can't decide on a hotel though, at the minute it's between;

Old Creek Lodge $90 a night, free breakfast, parking and wi-fi. Like the look of the hotel. No payment required, which I prefer.

Or Sleep Inn & Suites, $70 a night, free breakfast, parking and wi-fi, pre-payment required, no refunds or cancellations. Looks as if rooms have recently been re-done.

Thoughts? I want to spend less than $100 a night, so thinking I might just go with Old Creek Lodge and have a pretty looking hotel. But then if I go with Sleep Inn, I've got more money for other hotels on the roadtrip, as Charleston & Savannah, are gonna cost be more than $100 a night.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Dollywood
Dollywood
14,413 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Old Creek Lodge
Old Creek Lodge
877 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
538 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals
Honeymoon Hills Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals
#1 of 52 Speciality lodging in Gatlinburg
Chalet Village
Chalet Village
#4 of 52 Speciality lodging in Gatlinburg
White Oak Lodge & Resort
White Oak Lodge & Resort
#5 of 52 Speciality lodging in Gatlinburg
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Creek Lodge or Sleep Inn

If it were me I would choose old creek lodge. It's location is perfect. The sleep inn is within walking distance but it is not as close to the parkway as Old Creek. Old Creek is also right over the river which is very nice and it's one short block over from the pkwy and great restaurants. It's also closer to the park enterance.

Mentioned in this post
Old Creek Lodge
Old Creek Lodge
877 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Creek Lodge or Sleep Inn

We've never stayed at the Sleep Inn, so I can't help you with that one. We stayed at the Old Creek Lodge for the first time this past January and loved it. The whole place has recently been redone. It used to be a Fairfield Inn. The people who work there are super nice and the room was nice as well. All of the balconies overlook the water and all rooms have a fireplace. We had no complaints. If you use Facebook, they've got a page that they update quite regularly and were very helpful (and fast) in answering questions for me for this past trip.

Mentioned in this post
Old Creek Lodge
Old Creek Lodge
877 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Creek Lodge or Sleep Inn

I would pick Old Creek Lodge it's a great location and just been redone, it's very nice. Not to sure about Sleep Inn, for me it's to far to walk to everything and it up a hill.

Mentioned in this post
Old Creek Lodge
Old Creek Lodge
877 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
538 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
4. Re: Old Creek Lodge or Sleep Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:18