We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Orchards Nearby

Tavares, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Apple Orchards Nearby

We are leaving Saturday for a 1 week stay in Gatlinburg. Are there any good orchards nearby that someone could recommend? It wouldn't hurt if they sold baked goods as well. LOL

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,615 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

There is an orchard near Cosby and the Apple Barn in Sevierville. These are the two that I know of. Others may know of more. We always visit the Apple Barn in the fall. They have a snack bar that sells fried apple pies, dried apple stack cakes and apple pie. They also have a great variety of apples, an ice cream shop, a candy kitchen, winery and a Christmas shop. If you do a search, I'm sure that they are easy to find. We have never been to Carver's in Cosby, but many folks have. I'm sure someone will give you some info.

Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

In addition to the Apple Barn in Sevierville & Carver Orchards in Cosby...there is also Baxter's Orchard in Cosby.

Hope this helps

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

We were just at Carvers in Cosby last week. They had alot of different types of apples, apple cider, apple butter, etc. Try to time your visit so you can eat at their restaurant that is right next to the orchard. My DH and I loved our lunch, he had the daily special which was chicken and dumplings, he said it was delish and I had a vegetable plate, the mashed potatoes were the real thing, so so good, great pinto beans, good cole slaw and hot apples, you also get a small glass of apple cider and apple fritters, apple butter and apple yeast rolls. We had to drag ourselves out the door, I would love to try their breakfast some time. We enjoyed this meal more than the Apple Barn, it was so good and cheaper. Of course the Apple Barn is more convenient if you are staying in Gatlinburg, but do yourself a favor and visit Carvers at least once.

Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

Ditto for Carvers--we especially love their breakfast. We buy their local produce, homemade fudge and hot apple fritters, as well as apples to bring home. It's out hwy 321 between Gatlinburg and Newport--worth the drive!

Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

Another vote for Carver's. Had their fantastic fresh vegetables for lunch last summer and the meal was definitely worth the drive out. Very pretty view of the orchards while you eat. I can only imagine how pretty it would be in the fall.

Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

Barbers Apple Orchard has awesome baked goods. It is in Waynesville.

Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

We stopped by Baxter's yesterday and bought a peck of really good apples. I can't stop eating them!

8. Re: Apple Orchards Nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:18