We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denham Springs...
5 posts
Save Topic
Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

Has anyone heard if they plan to reopen Clingmans Dome rd.? I sure hope they do before my trip there next week.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

they usually do not salt/ sand or scrape this road. If the weather warms up and the snow melts on it's own then it will probably be open.

King George...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

We are hoping it will be open as well. We are leaving Saturday for Gatlinburg and had hoped to go up to Clingman's dome. I saw a twitter post earlier from somewhere that said they had hoped it would be open by 2 today, but I don't think that's the case yet. It is supposed to be close to 60 the next couple of days down there, so hopefully it will melt.

Denham Springs...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

Word from Facebook is Clingmans dome rd will be open in a day or two!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
403 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

Just saw on the Great Smokey Mountain Facebook page that the Road will reopen at 12pm today.

Denham Springs...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

Thanks

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
624 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

We went today. My husband climbed to the top and it was crowded once he got to the top. Snow is melting but it was a snow path he climbed and he said it was somewhat annoying because you couldn't pass people and snow was also all around the benches.

7. Re: Clingmans Dome Rd. ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:15