We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

crawfordville
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

(yes I have food on the brain)

My husband is always looking for authentic italian food and the best pizza. We are planning to visit Little Italian Kitchen is Sevierville, but was wondering for pizza which of these 2 is better.....and better priced?

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

Best Italian, huge portions. We have tried Mellow mushroom in PF and in Columbus Ohio, and we could care less if we never visit another one. I did not care for the pizza, and to me, it was not worth the price.

Mentioned in this post
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
491 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

The Best Italian, it's wonderful, never had Mellow Mushroom. I prefer local Italian places.

Gonzales, Louisiana
Level Contributor
626 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

Best Italian definitely! I've had Mellow Mushroom once in Baton Rouge and wasn't really impressed. I hear the original Best Italian is better than the new one though. I've only gone to the original :)

Mentioned in this post
Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

I personally would go to the original Best Italian because it's unique. You can do MelloMushroom at several locations in various cities;theres only 1 original Best Italian.

Seems like a loaded up large is about 25 bucks IIRC.

I believe BI has as close to "real Italian" cooking as you'll find in G'burg. You just kinda have to forget teh price and enjoy the evening.

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

Best Italian ask to sit on patio if it warm enough, it is our MUST eat in Gatlinburg

Edited: 03 November 2012, 18:12
Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Illinois
Level Contributor
217 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

They are different kinds of pizzas. MM has a more sweet base than BI. We like them both, but for "specialty pizzas" MM wins hands down.

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

We usually try to avoid chain restaurants when we visit the area. But we went to Mellow Mushroom in Pigeon Forge this past spring because it was close to our hotel. The pizza was very good! It is a little pricey and the service was a little slow but we would go back. The pizza at Best Italian is also very good, but it is a little greasy. We've only been to the original Best Italian so I can't comment on the Parkway location.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Murfreesboro, TN
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

Well, I had heard for years about how good Best Italian's pizza is, so decided to try it when we were there in October. Their Pizza is a New York style but not what I would call thin and crispy, although their dough is very light. I thought their pizza was excellent, and they are very generous with the toppings. We sat on the patio near the stream which was nice touch. I like Mellow Mushroom's pizza, but I would definitely pick Best Italian.

Mentioned in this post
unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
881 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

Your question is a lite confusing. There is a Best Itatlitan in Gatlinburg and a Little Italian in Seiverville but I do not think these are the same establishment.

Edited: 10 November 2012, 00:31
Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mellow Mushroom or Best Italian?

Little Italian Kitchen+ Best Italian+ Mello Mushroom= ooooo lala. really no bad choices, so I'd do all 3!

Seems we asked for a thin crust @ Best Italian and they did it for us.