We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December 2012 Roll Call!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
December 2012 Roll Call!

We just got back from the long Thanksgiving Weekend in the mountains, and now I'm ready to go back! I think my wife (the frugal one in our family) might be willing to consider a trip back after Christmas.

Anyone else going in December?

1. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 13:35
CC,Fl
Level Contributor
57 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

We are going Dec 22 through Dec 27, can't wait. We are taking our two adult daughters, one of their boyfriends, my sister and her boyfriend, my adult nephew and my husbands brother! A good many of our family for a reunion, not all the family, but a good amount of us! We are hoping to start a new family tradition and get as many there as possible each year over the Christmas holiday! Will post a trip report after with all the details!!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

We are going this weekend Nov.30th - Dec.2. We are going to Dollywood Saturday , I can't wait to see all the shows and see all the beautiful lights,

We plan on having dinner at Calhouns in Pigeon Forge and then go to Gatlinburg to walk the streets at night and do a little shopping and of course see all their lights. This will be our last trip of the year, we probably won't get back till April, Maybe February if I can beg hubby into coming down for the weekend for our birthday's which both are in February.

I hope everyone that's coming down in December a happy and safe trip.

Edited: 26 November 2012, 23:52
Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

Only in my dreams....sigh.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

We just got back about a month ago. We usually go up at New Years too but not this year. Last year we took our 10 year old grandaughter with us and a fight broke out right in front of us in front of Walgreens. One pushed the other and they both stumbled into my grand daughter! Fist were a flying and I was trying to get my grandaughter out from behind them (and no, we didn't know either one) 10 cops came a running and 1 mouthy red neck took off running. The one that didn't start the fight went off to jail. All this happened just before midnight. Luckily my grandaughter was not harmed and she is just fine but scared her & I to death! So after all that I doubt I will return to Gatlinburg for New Years Eve any time soon.

Fairmont, West...
Level Contributor
281 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

Coming in for a short visit 21st - 24th. Can hardly wait. Wife wants to try Branson next year :-(

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,910 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

We will be there Dec 24 to 28th. Can't wait! Hope the crowds aren't too crazy. The holidays seem to make some people a little crazy. I can't wait to see the Gatlinburg lights and some shows.

taylorsmommi
Level Contributor
663 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

Definitely!!! Always head up the day after Christmas until new years!!! Can't wait :)))

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

Hubby and I are headed up Dec. 22 -29 for Christmas. We haven't been up in about 5 years. We rented the same cabin again (cause it was so cozy). Don't know how much of Gatlinburg I'll see, this is totally for relaxing.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: December 2012 Roll Call!

I'm here now and I did a little shopping this evening in Gatlinburg, and the lights are beautiful as always. Going to Dollywood tomorrow for some great shows then going to Calhouns in Pigeon Forge for dinner and back to Dollywood to see the parade and lights.