We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
282 reviews
Save Topic
Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

Have always rented with Parkside Cabin Rentals in Gatlinburg,but have decided to look around at other properties. We saw this one and would like more info on it.

Pros and cons?

Location- How far to attractions in PF and Gatlinburg.

Local stores close by?

Not so much worried about the drive up since we have a 4wd suv.

Last question. How private is the cabin.

If you don't know about this cabin we also like Country Living with the same company. Any info on it.

TIA/Stacy

Edited: 10 January 2013, 21:40
Crestview Fl.
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

Timbercreek Amazing Grace is amazing-we have stayed here twice-beautiful views and beautiful cabin- super close to the Metcalf Bottoms entrance to the Smokeys, there are cabins in the area but you do not really notice them. Check out the reviews n the Seiverville review under speciality hotels. I could live there! It is in Wears Valley.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

So how far would you say it is from light 3 in Pigeon Forge? I know Lyons Springs Rd well and know Townsend and the CC entrances are close by.

Are there any stores very close by to stop and pick up milk,bread. if needed.

Crestview Fl.
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

It is off of Lyons Springs road , there is a family dollar close and several service stations by, not sure of the mileage from Pigeon Forge. My favorite cabin and TImbercreek has always been wonderful to work with. Also Smokey Mountain grocery has a store and delivery service.

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

Slightly over 8 miles from Traffic Light # 3 to Lyon Springs turn off.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

Thanks for the info. 8 miles isn't bad at all.

We just didn't want to be in the middle of no where and it sucks when you need cokes and snakcs and have to drive a few country miles to get them.

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

There is an Exxon/Corner market about 1.5 miles from Lyon Springs toward PF - you won't have to go all the way back to the PF Kroger if you are just wanting a few basics.

north east ohio
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

We looked at this cabin once. It is beautiful inside and out. The inside is very well done - as the pictures show!!! But you asked about privacy. We found the area to have too many cabins nearby for our wishes. You could walk next door to another cabin in just a few minutes. But it is a beautiful cabin!!! Sparrow

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

We've stayed in Amazing Grace twice. I have a review posted if you want to check it out.

While there were other cabins nearby, the hot tub is not exposed due to the elevations of said cabins. While we could hear voices now and then, nothing was overbearing or disturbing.

This is our favorite cabin. Great views, easy access to the park entrance, and you're 5 minutes away from a picnic at Metcalf Bottoms, or an easy hike to the Walker Sister's Cabin.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

The bedroom with the private balcony is that the one that is on the front of the house or the side?

I guess I am confused about the floor plan.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 13:35
Tennessee
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Timbercreek- Amazing Grace Cabin

After reading through a few pages of reviews, we are worried about bears coming up near the cabin. Our son and his wife may be joining us and my daughter in law would have a massive panic attack if she were to encounter a bear at the property.

I guess I will keep looking. A few people were kind enough to send me suggestions on other properties.