We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Out-of-the-way cabins

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Out-of-the-way cabins

We're planning a trip to Gatlinburg this summer and are a little unsure of renting a cabin in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, since we are familiar with the traffic issues in those areas. Is anyone familiar with Cosby Creek Cabins in Cosby? It looks like you are close to the Cosby picnic ground in the Smokies and have about a half hour drive into Gatlinburg. Our other possibility is a Sherwood Forest cabin, which look nice, but the whole 'gated community' thing seems to go against the idea of staying in a cabin. . . . and again, there's the traffic.

On our trip, we don't plan to spend any time in Pigeon Forge, and will mostly be in the National Park or Gatlinburg.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,919 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

I don't know anything specific about Cosby Creek Cabins unfortunately, but I can say that the Cosby area is much quieter than G.B. or P.F. and if seclusion is what you want, this is a good area.

Also nearby is the Greenbrier area, which is also a good place for hiking and seeing wildflowers within the national park boundary.

If you must visit Gatlinburg, try parking at a lot on Hwy 321 and riding the trolley into town as an alternative to battling the G.B. traffic and parking.

2. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2006, 23:01
Obion, TN
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

I was just checking out Park Rose Chalet and wondering about it. We are used to staying on Panther Knob outside of Pigeon Forge and I was looking for something different. How far up are these chalets? Is the drive very rough? Thanks!

Obion, TN
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

I was just checking out Park Rose Chalet and wondering about it. We are used to staying on Panther Knob outside of Pigeon Forge and I was looking for something different. How far up are these chalets? Is the drive very rough? Thanks!

5. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2006, 23:01
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

Thanks, everyone - we will have to check out afterallchalets . . our daughter really would like our cabin to be "cabiney," not like a house. In other words, no drywall - only wood, and must have a porch with rockers! Never thought finding a cabin in the land of cabins would be so tough.

Cheryl

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

Check out Topoftownsend.com These are beautiful cabins!!!!! Private and CHRISTIAN OWNED!!!!!! This is the only place my family stays at. The cabins are in Townsend only 15 min from Pigeon Forge. Really close to Cades Cove also.

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

All the cabins are spaced apart so you have privacy:)

Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

If privacy, seclusion, and beauty is what you are looking for, I have just the place for you!! We discovered a fabulous place in Cosby last year that I just loved. It is privately owned by a very nice lady, and all of the cabins are actually converted historic buildings. There is a mill, general store, and a barn. The property is very secluded, and it borders the national park. It is beautifully landscaped, and there is a lovely waterfall on the property. A stream runs by each cabin. If you are interested, you can check out the website at serenityfallscabins.com. The prices are very reasonable, it's quiet, peaceful. Actually, my avatar was taken there. I could not recommend this place more!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Out-of-the-way cabins

When we stay in Gatlinburg we stay a few miles up 321 in private owner cabins at Country Elegance. Once we stayed in their "Gone Fishing" cabin. It was right by the river. The sound of the river could be heard from inside the cabin. We caught trout and cooked them on the grill. These cabins are clean and very tastefully decorated. The owner Sarah is a wonderful person to deal with. See www.countryelegancecabins.com. We also picnic next to the river at the Greenbrier Park and do the Arts and Crafts loop which both are right up 321 off of light #3 in Gat. Have a wonderful trip.