We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groupon for tubing?

NC
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Groupon for tubing?

There is one up for River Romp right now, and they seem to have great reviews. My only concern is that it is in Sevierville, and we will be in Gatlinburg. My past experiences with going into PF for a day tended to be frustrating, due to traffic (we are going early to mid June). How likely is it, though, that other tubing companies will do Groupons? Is it any easier to get to Townsend (I think that is a main tubing area?) Thx!

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groupon for tubing?

If it were me I would take it. If your going during the week the traffic would be a lot less than a weekend. I would take the bypass to PF to avoid the gburg traffic. I look at the groupons quiet frequently and I don't remember a tubing one.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groupon for tubing?

aurorahorse,

I purchased that Groupon last year for my summer vacation. The drive to the River Romp outpost is maybe 10 minutes off the Pigeon Forge parkway. Not a bad drive at all and easy directions. Our problem was that when we got there, there was a rope across the road and a closed sign. I had to call the number on the Groupon to find out that the river levels were too low at that time. However, when we drove to Townsend, they were rafting over there. The value of the Groupon doesn't expire, so hopefully I can try it again this summer. I also saw a Groupon last year for River Rat in Townsend. More tubing Groupons will likely come along as we get closer to spring.

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
963 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groupon for tubing?

Townsend is about 20 miles from Sugarlands Visitor Center (Gatlinburg) along river road or just a bit longer if you come into Pigeon Forge and make the left at traffic light # 3 (Wears Valley). Either way, plan on about an hour to make the drive in June or slightly faster if you are up before traffic. If you decide on Townsend, make a stop at the Y inside the Park just before heading into Townsend - a popular swimming hole. Several tubing outfitters in Townsend - Smoky Mountain River Rat is one of them - you can find reviews on TA. Do call ahead whoever you choose - if river levels are down they will let you know.

Byron, Georgia
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groupon for tubing?

Do you have a link to the page with the groupon? I have looked on their site and dont see it. Thanks

NC
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Groupon for tubing?

Thx, everyone! I will probably hold off. Here is the link: groupon.com/biz/sevierville-tn/the-smokey-mo…

6. Re: Groupon for tubing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2014, 06:19