We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Annandale, Minnesota
4 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

We are planning our honeymoon to Gatlinburg in mid August. What are some of the "must sees" and the things we could skip all together? We are thinking of dining out a night or two and would like it if we could find a romantic candle lit dinner somewhere... any suggestions? Does Gatlinburg have a taxi service that could bring us back to our cabin after a night out? Thank you for your input!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
399 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

I would definently plan some sort of picinic out in the park somehwere. Maybe out towards Townsend or Cades Cove. I know there is a store/market in Gburg that will prepare a picnic lunch for you and all you need to do is pick it up. Cades Cove will be busy during the summer, but there are many spots to pull over before along creeks, streams, etc.

There are two type of families that go to Gburg. The family that enjoy the tourist spots(shows, putt-putt, musuems,) or the family that comes to enjoy the park. You may be like us and do both. You will definently won't be bored while you are there.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

The best thing about Gburg (besides the park) is the restaurants. For a nice romantic dinner try the peddler. The Alamo steakhouse also offers "romantic private dinning" I have not sat in this area but we do love their steaks. www.alamosteakhouse.com/romantic_dining.html

http://peddlergatlinburg.com/

Enjoy the park and a drive through cades cove. The arts and crafts loop is neat too. We like to stop at Alewine's pottery and the Santa's Claus-et.

There is a trolly service but not taxi service that I'm aware of and the trolly doesn't run at night.

I'm not a big beer drinker but I know a lot of people like the beer at Smokey mtn Brewery and we like their food.

Annandale, Minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

Thank you for your input! We are definately more into the parks and recreation rather than the tourist spots. It sounds like there is plenty that will keep us busy for the week :)

Greenfield, Indiana
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

We have visited Gburg several times in the last few years. There are several taxi services available in Gburg and PF. We even stayed in PF last year and took a taxi to dinner/drinks and back. It did cost about $50 round trip for the four of us. If you are staying in Gburg, it is usually about $10 to get back to your cabin. You will see advertisements in the coupon books/ travel guides. I found our taxi service through a Google local search while I was sitting at a restaurant. If you decide to hit the bars in the evening, there will also be taxi vans sitting across the street. They are usually there later in the night though. The Smoky Mountain area is our favorite vacation spot! We will actually be heading down there for a 5 night vacation at the end of this month. We love it, and I hope you two do also!!

Smiths Grove...
Level Contributor
56 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

We went to Gatlinburg on our honeymoon last year and absolutely loved it! Take advantage of the park! It's beautiful and will definitely be romantic :) Zip lining, horse back riding, or atv riding is great for a little adventure. The aquarium is actually really fun and really neat, we really had a great time. Skip Ripley's/Guiness/Titanic...they are just time suckers and not worth the money. We loved the sky lift and Ober Gatlinburg lift, great views and not too expensive (if you can tell, we were on a bit of a budget!). We also went to Dollywood which was really fun and they have AMAZING smoked turkey legs for lunch! For a casual dinner out, the Smokey Mountain Brewery is nice. They have their own beer and you have to get the pretzels and beer cheese appetizer, trust me you will LOVE it! It's not high class by any means but it's good food and a fun atmosphere. As someone mentioned above, The Peddler is good for a nice, romantic evening out. Also, try the Pancake House for the mornings. There's usually a really long line but they have really yummy crepes :) If you are hikers, check with the park office about the best trails that time of year. They were really helpful for us and we were able to hike to beautiful waterfall/stream. It was one of our favorites! Have a wonderful time and don't forget to take lots of pictures!

moss point
Level Contributor
191 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

also take a trip on the roaring fork motor trail. Be sure and buy a map there is one of the park and surrounding areas. I am honeymooning in May and I am going to the area of the park that has an elk herd. we are also taking a carriage ride in Cade Cove. having a picnic at metcalf bottoms. and along the creek in the park. It is a dirve but if you have time go white water rafting what a rush!!! I do enjoy the dixie stampede for dinner and a show. its entertaining, also a dirve thru wears valley.Enjoy yourself.

Annandale, Minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

Thank you so much for your inputs, we are getting very excited as it gets closer!

Annandale, Minnesota
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

Thank you so much for your input!

9. Re: Honeymoon in Gatlinburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:19