We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

We've narrowed our choices down to the Park Vista or the Bear Skin Lodge. Any opinions of either? Do you like one better than the other? Has anyone stayed at both of these as to compare?

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

I loved the Bearskin Lodge. I would pick the Bearskin if for no other reason that you can walk anywhere in Gatlinburg, and its near all the good places to eat. Always very clean and the rooms on the stream are very nice.

Georgia
Level Contributor
639 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

I stayed at the Bearskin Lodge and really liked it. It was very convenient to downtown and quiet because it's on the street behind the parkway. The beds were really comfortable and the staff was very nice. They have an outdoor pool and a lazy river type thing, but it was winter when we were there, so didn't use it. Don't have any experience with Park Vista.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

I too have stayed at Bearskin but it's been a few years. I would choose it any day over Park Vista because of it being located in town. It's so nice to be able to walk everywhere. Some of the best restaurants will be right out your front door.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

I agree with the others....Bear Skin if for no other reason than the proximity to town. We enjoy walking to the Parkway in the evening. During one stay, when they were pretty slow...the willingly upgraded us to a fireplace/balcony room for free! But if you are wanting an actual lodge...this is definitely a hotel and feels like one. It is decorated in the lodge look, but just a glorified hotel. Either way, we love it! This trip we will be trying out their sister property, Old Creek Lodge.

Save Reply
5. Re: Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

Stay at the bearskin lodge approx twice a year. Love the place nice for the cost. Good prices. For the first time we are trying the fairfield inn in gatlinburg not because any problem with bearskin lodge but wanted to try something new and have a nice pool which hope will be open April 23 through April 27. Hope we aren't disappointed with the switch

6. Re: Park Vista or Bear Skin Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 06:17