We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

Which is your favorite in Gatlinburg, The Peddler or The Park Grill? Best place for a fabulous steak? I've read all of the reviews etc...and they are mixed...good and bad. Any recent or repeat visitors? Other fine dining recommendations for special occasions? It will just be the 2 of us and we've eliminated the Buckhorn and Buckberry Lodge, due to limited choices on the menu.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
630 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

The last heard was that both of your final choices are still owned by the same local company. I prefer the Park Grill if anyone is considering anything other than a cut of steak for the meal. Both have the long salad bars. The best seat in the house at the Peddler is by the river and there are really no bad seats at the Park Grill. Two of the best choices in Gatlinburg. You can't go wrong by going early to your choice. Both have parking which is rare for downtown Gatlinburg.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

I agree with Cheapseater. We have never ordered from the menu at The Peddler. We got the steak that the steak peddler showed us. I think the interior of the Park Grill is much nicer. The Peddler looks a little dated inside. It's tough to go wrong with either.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

Neither, go to Cherokee Grill for their Prosperity Steak.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

The Cherokee grill does appear to have a great menu, although there aren't many dessert options and the salad bars at the other places look pretty amazing (although I'm normally not a salad bar fan) which isn't a huge deal. We order steaks or prime rib and would love to have a nice salad and some fabulous sides, probably wouldn't care about the the other menu items...chicken etc.. Any reviews of their steaks, prime rib, atmosphere, etc...? Thanks so much for all of your input! Greatly appreciate.

Okeechobee, Florida
Level Contributor
163 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

Wow, that Park Grill looks amazing. Think I have another place to stop now. Thanks for bringing this up!

Anyone have their Long Island Iced Tea?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

The Peddler out of those choices but our favorite steak is The Alamo in Pigeon Forge. We have not tried the one in Gatlinburg because once we went to the one in Pigeon Forge, we didn't want to chance it not being as good as the one in PF. Melt in your mouth ribeyes! I just looked up my review to show you but can't believe I never wrote one! It is now on my To Do list for this weekend!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
133 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

The Peddler!! We be going there Saturday, I can't wait!

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

I agree, We love Cherokee Grill they have the best steak that I have ever had, get the prosperity steak. I love to sit up in front of the huge rock fireplace. I didn't care for the Peddler, I didn't think it was very clean pushing the cart with the meat on it and everyone touching it and walking by it.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

My favorite steak is the ribeye at Howard's.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
144 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Peddler OR The Park Grill....which is your favorite??

I couldn't find any info on Howard's. I read some good reviews but I'm wondering if this restaurant has changed their name?? Does anyone know more details on this place?