We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic route to Myrtle Beach

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
585 posts
Save Topic
Scenic route to Myrtle Beach

What would be the best route to take from Gaitlinburg to Myrtle Beach.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic route to Myrtle Beach

The quickest route is I-40 to Asheville, NC, then I-26 to Florence, SC.

A scenic route is more complicated. It depends on how scenic you want it to be. If I had the time (and it wasn't winter), I'd take 441 from GB to Cherokee, then take the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville, then I-26 to Florence.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic route to Myrtle Beach

When I was a kid the "scenic route" from Knoxville was all you had. With no A/C in the car all those small towns and traffic lights made for a miserable, hot trip. Truthfully, other than the part through the mountains, there really wasn't all that much scenery in my opinion unless you like driving past acre after acre of soybeans, peanuts and corn. The interstates have pretty much done in all the mom & pop tourist stops along those routes as well. I'll stick with the interstates and enjoy more of my time at MB.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic route to Myrtle Beach

I think I-40 is beautiful between the Sevierville exit and Asheville, as a matter of fact, it is one of my favorite drives.

4. Re: Scenic route to Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:17