We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

Someone told my husband we just have to whitewater raft while there. Don't want to drive over to NC and don't want to drive back south to the place there, Oconee???spelling. I know I'll have to drive 30 min to hr to get to the river. Anyone with some positive past experience? I think I'm just being a scaredy cat!

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

I have gone w/Quest, in Ducktown, TN, between Chatt. & Knoxville.

They did a great job with no complaints. Last time we went, saw ages from teens to 70's. You'll have fun. Good luck and welcome to Tennessee. Closer to Gatlinburg, I will have to defer to someone else.

north ga
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

There's a place near Bryson City in Nanatahala Forest that is a popular rafting area. Sorry but can't think of the name.

My dad and brother went rafting there and had a blast.

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

Thanks ya'll. Richard, I'd move to TN if I could get the others to agree. Absolutely the most beautiful place on earth.

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
586 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

We've been looking into this ourselves...I think we're going with Smokey Mountain Rafting. I believe they are in Hartford, TN. The info on their site looks interesting unless someone has another company to suggest.

I believe this place is 45 minutes from Gatlinburg.

When are ya'll going???

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

I wouldnt do quest, I havnt done quest but I saw them operate down th eocoee and the three quest people I saw kept having problems, raft overturning etc. I dont think their instructors are the best.

I would do 1 of these rivers

Hiwassee

Nantahala

ocoee

you said you didnt want ot do the ocoee but I would beg beg beg that you did, it is the best river!

AND I would go with ocoee outdoors, they do both hiwassee and Ocoee

Nantahalla is really a kids river, a familly river. Very slow, the Hiwassee is too.

Brewton, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

VHA... we leave TOMORROW!!!!! I guess about 7 or 8am.

Chasm....the kids river sounds good to me! I think we'll look into it more when we get to G'burg. Certainly the locals will help us decide.

7. Re: Now I have to Whtewater Raft.....Which company is best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 16:16