We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
98 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

We have a dog that is in training to be a service dog. We wanted to come to Gatlinburg,Pigeon Forge,and Cherokee as a final family vacation as my son is leaving for the military. I was wondering how pet friendly is the area? Can anyone recommend a hotel that is reasonably priced that will allow an adult lab?

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
98 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

Wanted to add,since he's in training not planning on taking him into restaurants,etc. But I was thinking of just walking on the sidewalks,etc.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

Gatlinburg is very pet friendly and a lot of travelers bring their dogs with them on vacation there. You can dine with your dog at some of the restaurants that have outdoor seating (Best Italian is one) and there are two trails in the National Park that allow dogs as long as they are leashed. People are always walking their dogs along the streets of Gatlinburg and we have taken ours to the Arts and Crafts Community, as well. I am unable to recommend any hotels as we always stay in a pet friendly cabin.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

Here's a link to some pet friendly hotels and places in Gatlinburg. Not sure how old or updated this is because I noticed a couple places listed that aren't there anymore. I don't bring my pets with on vacation but I know there are a lot of pet friendly cabins available. . Jackson Mountain Homes is one company that has a lot.

bringfido.com/destination/…

Middletown
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

Our friends stayed at Mountain Heritage Inn on River Road with their Lab. That was a few years ago, so you might want to call and be sure that they still allow large dogs.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

My in laws travel with their dog everywhere. We have stayed at the red roof aquarium before with them. It was a nice hotel and there were dogs of all sizes there. It is a little far from the area of town we prefer but still a nice hotel. It is within walking distance to downtown but it is a long walk.

Www.redroof-gatlinburg.com

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

Last year we stayed at the Econolodge on Reagan with our dog. There is a pet fee but it wasn't terrible. Very convenient to the Parkway.

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
98 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

We are just coming back from Gatlinburg and wanted to share many hotels that were pet friendly last year are no longer that way. Four seasons stopped and so did several others. There is now only about 3 hotels in the main town area that are. So even if the website says pet friendly call them

Edited: 14 April 2013, 13:23
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
711 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

I thought it was a law that service animals had to be allowed just about anywhere?

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

That is correct but my dog is just in training so I don't get those rights until he is officially trained

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
711 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pet friendly? For service dog in training.

Oh, I see. That's too bad. I would think that the law should include those in training to aid in the training. Good luck to you!