We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excited!!!

Silver City, New...
Level Contributor
208 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Excited!!!

My daughter, grandson and myself were going to fly back to Maine in July to visit family.

We decided yesterday that we are going to drive instead. Since we have to take I40, we will go right through Knoxville. I suggested maybe we could sneak to G'burg for a day.

Ultimately we decided we will go to Maine for a week, then back to G'burg for another week on the way home. :)

Didn't think I'd be in the mountains this soon. Can hardly wait!!! :)

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
349 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excited!!!

That is very exciting, enjoy your trip!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excited!!!

How exciting!!!

Knoxville...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excited!!!

G-burg is touristy and crowded. To see mountains get off at Waterville or Harmon Den on I 40 and hike to mouse creek falls or Max Patch. The interstate itself is pretty thrilling.

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,727 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excited!!!

Still, some of us like Gatlinburg.

Marion
Level Contributor
69 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excited!!!

so it is touristy....just means many people like it

Silver City, New...
Level Contributor
208 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excited!!!

We love Gatlinburg, and who cares if its touristy. That is part of its attraction.

Hiking? I don't think so. My hiking days are long over.

FYI, this is not my first trip to Gatlinburg.

Edited: 28 May 2013, 16:48
Marion
Level Contributor
69 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excited!!!

my husband and I go 3 to 4 times a year..we were there between Christmas and New Years and went back two weeks later...had vacation in April and were down there...going in June and taking the motorcycle...love it there...so many things to do and just like the previous comment, our hiking days are over for my husband....everyone has to check it out for themselved and make their own decision....we go to Las Vegas and that is the biggest tourist trap..love it there too...

8. Re: Excited!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 05:15