We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non chain restaurants

Level Contributor
75 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Non chain restaurants

We are staying near Gatlinburg the end of next week. Any suggestions on local restaurants that won't break the bank. Smokey mountain brewery is on my list but I need a few more. I have two small kids (don't eat much) so I am not good with paying the prices for kids meals at Peddler and Park Grill. Are there any other places that are good?

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,679 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non chain restaurants

Similar topic just down the page. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60842-i150-k65701…

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non chain restaurants

One of the best and affordable non-chain restaurants that we like is called, appropriately enough, Best Italian Restaurant. It's in Elk's Plaza on the main drag. We eat there all the time, and a single calzone can feed a small family.

Grove City, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non chain restaurants

Calhoun's is owned by the same company that owns Smoky Mountain Brewery. It is our favorite place to eat in the Smokies. The food is great and the prices are not bad for a resort area. In Gatlinburg, it's located at the front of Calhoun's Village on the south end of town. It's the same complex where the Gatlinburg location of Smoky Mountain Brewery is located. Both SMB and Calhoun's also have restaurants in Pigeon Forge, also.

Mentioned in this post
Calhoun's
Calhoun's
1,800 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Smoky Mountain Brewery
Smoky Mountain Brewery
4,725 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non chain restaurants

Mountain Lodge Restaurant is good on a budget. It serves breakfast and lunch.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,793 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non chain restaurants

The Old Mill in Pigeon Forge is good and has large portions, they could probably share a plate if they can agree on eating the same thing! We love them for breakfast. I agree with Best Italian, food was very good and large portions.

Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,412 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
881 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non chain restaurants

Agree with Mountain Lodge. I have had breakfast and lunch there and they are the cheapest place in the mountains and everything we have gotten there was outstanding also!The key to eating at The Old Mill and Apple Barn is go for lunch. You get alot of food at reasonable prices. Love the breakfast at Old Mill also. It is a huge breakfast so it is well worth the money because unless you are a really big eater you won't be wanting anything but a snack for lunch.The Smoky Mt Brewery has half price specials on several days at the Pigeon Forge location. I know one day it is pizza and one day burgers but can't remember the exact days.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 03:00
Mentioned in this post
The Old Mill
The Old Mill
3,412 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non chain restaurants

There's a nice family owned restaurant in Townsend, called either the "Front Porch", or "Back Porch", can't remember which. Its a quaint layed-back eatery with good food at a price that will please you. No need to dress up, just dress casually. Ray

Mentioned in this post
Townsend
Townsend
Tennessee
NC
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Non chain restaurants

If you do not mind driving, check out Littke zitalian Kitchen. It is authentic Italian food (grandmother's recipes) and soooo good!

Alabama
Level Contributor
386 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Non chain restaurants

Calhoun's, Smoky Mountain Brewery, Best Italian and Old Mill are our favorites. All are good and the prices are reasonable.

Mentioned in this post
Calhoun's
Calhoun's
1,800 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Smoky Mountain Brewery
Smoky Mountain Brewery
4,725 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Oneonta, Alabama
Level Contributor
942 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Non chain restaurants

Just got back from staying in Pigeon Forge and we tried this restaurant this trip (it is in Gatlinburg). Really enjoyed the burger. My husband and I ate for about $20- had burgers and they were really good!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60842-d3584…

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN