We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playing in the water

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clarksville...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Playing in the water

Where is the best place in the parrk to dip a toe? I am familiar with the Y, but where are your other favorite spots? Not really looking to swim, more like a good spot to wade. Thanks so much!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playing in the water

You can head over to Townsend and go tubing with Smoky Mountain River Rats. Lots of fun!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playing in the water

Depending on water levels and time of year, I would suggest Metcalf Bottoms. Nice place for a picnic also.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playing in the water

2nd Metcalf Bottoms. Knee deep or less in most places and not a lot of current if it hasn't rained recently. Rocks are slick and some are sharp so be careful. I highly recommend wearing an old pair of sneakers.

Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playing in the water

There are many places along Little River Road where you can pull off and get your feet wet. Just make sure to use one of the designated pulloffs. Don't park in the grass.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playing in the water

I also would recommend Metcalf bottom picnic area. Some of the tables are less than 20 feet from the water. Also, just about anywhere that you are able to pull off the road (441) at the lower elevations.

Ray

6. Re: Playing in the water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 05:17