We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When can I use the fireplace?

Santa Claus, Indiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
When can I use the fireplace?

I am planning on a trip at the very end of september 9/26-9/30. I'm looking at the river house at the park or the motor lodge. We have stayed places in the past that do not allow you to use the fireplace until October. Also can anyone tell me anything aboutnthese 2 properties? It has been probably 15 years since I stayed in a motel in gatlinburg- typically we do a cabin but wanted to try something in town and more affordable this time.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

We stayed in Riverhouse motor lodge and it was very rustic but that's what we wanted and we loved it, it was clean everyone was nice and we really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony because they are all on the river and we watched ducks and squirrels play, this would be my choice over the other one. The web site says no fires April 25th till Sept. 11th. So you should be good.

Santa Claus, Indiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

Thanks hagerhill. We don't have a fireplace at one so that is something I'd really enjoy. What are the approximate rates on the motor lodge?

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

Riverhouse Motorlodge and Riverhouse at the Park both are listed on the Gatlinburg web-site under lodging.Rates and pictures are also posted.If I remember correctly Riverhouse Motorlodge has some wood burning and some gas Fireplaces.Riverhouse at the Park has gas fireplaces only.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

jenandbilly, it is a little bit higher than some of the other hotels, but at Riverhouse motor lodge you are just a few feet from the river and the balcony's are all shaded and private and you don't have to drive anywhere, you can leave your car parked and walk to everything. But when your sitting out on your balcony you would never know you are just one street over from all the action. It is really peaceful.I think it's around 100-140 per night but it's according when you go just look at their web site

riverhousemotels.com/riverhouse_motor_lodge.…

just go down to the bottom and click on riverhouse motor lodge rates...I hope this helps

Edited: 25 June 2013, 16:40
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

jenandbilly,

On a totally unrelated point, I would LOVE to visit Santa Claus, Indiana!!! Of course, I am a Christmas nut of some notoriety. ;)

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

One of our favorites is the Riverhouse Motor Lodge for all the reasons already spoken but the biggest reason is their location and the river. It really does give you a mountainous feeling without being in a cabin. We like staying in town within walking distance to everything. We always request a room with gas fireplace on the first floor. (there is no elevator only a ramp and your closer to the river). I have been in a wood burning room there and it smelled very smokey, it's also more difficult to light and put out the fire if you choose to walk into town.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
475 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

The Nestlé Inn has gas fireplaces that one can use all year round. At least they did the last time we were there.

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
877 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

I have never stayed at Riverhouse at the Park but they get consistently good reviews. When I looked at their rates they looked pretty reasonable.

Santa Claus, Indiana
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

C'mon up and visit! We've got a nice little amusement park, a big christmas store, and some nice campgrounds!

10. Re: When can I use the fireplace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:16