We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin vs Hotel

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin vs Hotel

We have stayed in a cabin both times we have been to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. We love the seclusion of the cabin and having our own space, however, we were thinking about a hotel this time just off the parkway in Gatlinburg b/c of the easy access it would be to the shops and restaurants. I have read many trip reports where people get back to their hotel, rest a bit and head out to the parkway for dinner or some shopping. When you are staying in a cabin, once you're back for the evening, you're back...or at least for us! So what are some thoughts about going form a cabin to a hotel? Pros and cons please!

Thanks in advance,

Lesley

SE Indiana
Level Contributor
546 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

I like4 Seasons Motor Lodge Main bldg not the"tower".

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

Well I do like a cabin, but it seems that we are never there to enjoy it much. We get up and get out and then come back and get ready for dinner then it's late when we get back and it's time for bed. The only thing we get to enjoy is the hot tub. So the last few times we have been staying in a hotel and with a jacuzzi and it's much cheaper.

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

Which hotel do you stay in with a jacuzzi?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

We have been to Gatlinburg several times staying in a cabins and hotels. We really enjoyed Zoders, we stayed in a double room that had a balcony over a mountain stream. They are on 6 acres, I did not expect that because they are on the Parkway. They have 2 pools, one inside and one out, there was a place to build a fire at night and they supplied the wood. If you need/want a lot of room they also have suites, cottages & townhouses.

5. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 August 2013, 16:02
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,687 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

We much prefer the space, separate rooms, and kitchen of a cabin. Try to find one in a convenient location so it is easy to go back between day and evening activities.

Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

I would probably never stay in a motel/hotel again. Cabins/Chalets are way too much fun and cheaper if you have multiple, paying, adults. Beautiful views, 5 minute drive into town and NO annoying neighbors!!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

From my experiences, a hotel in Gatlinburg just won't provide the peace and quiet of the cabins we rent.

If we choose a hotel in the future, it will most likely be in Townsend, though a one or two might's stay in Gatlinburg isn't objectionable.

If we spent a lot of time in town on these trips I'd probably feel differently. We usually spend a couple of days in town, but prefer to spend more time in the National Park.

Also, having a grill and outdoor hot tub is a big perk. Having a washer and dryer is nice. Cooking meals instead of choosing from a menu means I'm sure I'll be happy with the meal, and I'll save money for other things.

Carencro, Louisiana
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

Thanks dawgcentral, exactly what I was looking for, you just put things into perspective for me!! We don't spend much time in Gatlinburg, just a day or two, we are also in the national park a lot! The hot tub and washer and dryer are a big thing for us as well as the kitchen and the grill. As I sit here and type this out, I don't even know why I asked the question!!

Florence, Kentucky
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabin vs Hotel

Have you considered Baskins Creek condos? They're really great and set just far enough off the parkway to give you a since of quiet. They have a common pool and hottub area and the condos are all really nice 2 or 3 bedroom units. it's sort of like the best of both a hotel and cabin.