We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Distilleries?

Prattville, Alabama
Level Contributor
938 posts
Save Topic
New Distilleries?

I was just on the Discover The Smokies site on the news section and was wondering if I read this right..... There are two new distilleries being built in Gatlinburg? From what I gather, Sugarlands Distillery is being built now and Great Smoky Mountain Distillery will soon follow. I'm not opposed to distilleries. We go to Ole Smoky whenever we're in town and visited Davy Crockett for the first time this February, but isn't four right there together a little overkill? It's like someone came up with the idea and now everyone wants to run with it. Just my opinion.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Distilleries?

When we were there last month, we saw the new construction on hwy 321, where a white water rafting company used to be. We were told it is to be a point of "shipping, orders, "etc. Going along the strip in PF and S'ville, we saw many, many billboards regarding the "white lightning". I couldn't tell by the size of the building if it is to be a distillery or not, but I guess it is a case of supply and demand.

Carol

Level Contributor
1,456 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Distilleries?

Gatlinburg and area towns are the capital of passing fads. One of them will prevail and the others will go. Personally I'd rather see a good whiskey distillery open in the area because moonshine is frankly terrible.

Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
542 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Distilleries?

I agree! But, if you play it right - with multiple tasting stations in each one and by rotating between them - you could have a pretty good buzz going - for free! I have actually witness someone do just that...

4. Re: New Distilleries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:19