We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Preserve Resort

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Louisiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
The Preserve Resort

Would really like some input from the experts here. My child has decided she would like a trip to the Gatlinburg/PigeonForge area this summer to celebrate her birthday. She has picked out The Preserve Resort as her choice of accommodations.

I'm concerned that The Preserve is too far away from the "action" in town....well, really, I'm really afraid of heights.....but I'm not telling her that. LOL! I'm wondering if there is anything along the lines of The Preserve that might be a bit...well, shall we say...closer to the ground and won't cause me to have a heart attack every time we go back to the cabin? Luckily, my husband does not mind driving.

I think she likes The Preserve because they are new; the views are wonderful; there's a hot tub, pool table, foosball or air hockey; TVs and DVDs.

Any help would really be appreciated. Of course, we're on a budget and looking for something less than $175 a night. Thanks again.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Preserve Resort

Here is my review of our stay at The Preserve Resort from January.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55270-i188-k41404…

Pretty much as advertised. As being afraid of heights, just remember, part of the appeal of a cabin is being on the side of a mountain. The Preserve is on the quiet side of the Smokys. I would imagine most any cabin is going to be on a windy road up a mountain. It's really not that bad and, if your husband drives, you should not have any problems. Once you get there, you won't be disappointed.

Good luck and welcome to Tennessee!!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Preserve Resort

There are so many high quality rentals to choose from that your daughter would most probably be excited about. If you are new to the area and plan to spend most of your time out of the cabin, there are a lot of rentals for less than the amount you mentioned. I'm sure that other posters can make good recommendations. We have stayed at Cobbly Nob on hwy 321, which has a large range of prices---at all levels of the mountains!!!! Keep searching---you'll find the RIGHT one!

South Louisiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Preserve Resort

volrichard...thanks for the link to your review! It was very helpful...my daughter is so very excited!! I visited Gatlinburg about 35 years ago (I'm telling my age!), but this will be my children's first visit. I know they will love it.

iluvgburg....we did make reservations at The Preserve Resort...I checked various other places and most were already booked. We leave in just a couple of weeks. Normally, I don't wait this late to make vacation plans, but this year we just couldn't help it.

Now, on to peruse the forums to firm up plans on activities and eateries. My daughter has already planned some activities for each day...guess she is taking after her mother. Her father just wants to get in the car and go. LOL! To me, planning is half the fun!

Thanks again everyone,

Cindy

4. Re: The Preserve Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 12:16