We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with place to stay.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help with place to stay.

My wife and I are coming to the area Veteran's Day weekend. We currently have a 1 BR villa reserved at the Westgate Smoky Mtn Resort. We are aware of the timeshare pitch, but we are not interested in actually purchasing a time share. We have also considered canceling the room at Westgate and staying in a cabin between PF and G-Burg. The cabin I found has a great view, hottub, etc. The only downside is that it costs 2.5x more than the room at Westgate.

My question for those who are familiar with the Westgate - would you recommend it? The reviews are mixed and seem to be all over the place. We want a place to relax and spend a decent amount of time in the room/cabin (not seeing tourist attractions). We just cant decide if it will be worth the extra $ to get a private cabin. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with place to stay.

Go with the cabin. Will save you a headache.

Level Contributor
1,387 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with place to stay.

Yes....always go with the cabin/chalet. The only way to stay in the Smokies. Next time, try getting one in the hills above Gatlinburg with a view of Mt. LeConte.....stunning!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with place to stay.

If you can afford it go for the cabin, especially if you are going to spend a lot of time there.....Remember, you get what you pay for. Look for a 1 bedroom cabin that are usually a lot cheaper

Edited: 27 October 2013, 02:34
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with place to stay.

If you can afford it go for the cabin, especially if you are going to spend a lot of time there.....Remember, you get what you pay for. Look for a 1 bedroom cabin they are usually a lot cheaper.

Edited: 27 October 2013, 02:35
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with place to stay.

Wow I can't type and I'm stuttering.....I wish I could blame it on alcohol ;-)

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with place to stay.

I would go with a cabin! I am unfamiliar with Westgate, but we feel the best way to experience the mountains is in a cabin. Also, I find the timeshare people to be a pain in the you-know-what!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with place to stay.

Cabins always! We use Chalet Villages now (3 times in a row different chalets each time) ask for the best views as that is what is important to us. We have never been disappointed. Have rented Breathless, Cabin on High and High Places. All 3 great views. The roads up to the chalets offer great bear sighting opportunities as well.

8. Re: Help with place to stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21