We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tips please

Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
tips please

Hi there

Were are 2 couples in our 40's, heading to Gatlinburg in July.

I haven't been since I was a child so I'm curious, other than going to tge many things to see and do in yhe park (which we are planning on doing for sure) what is there for nightlife in Gatlinburg.

Other than the dinner theatres and ofcourse sweet fanny adams which we will do for sure, are there any karaoke bars to visit? And are there any places to just sit on yhe patio and have a drink? Also what would you recommend for ppl in the 40's to do.

Thanks much appreciated

Canadian gal

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
964 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tips please

Several wineries are now operating in the area with tasting bars. The Island in Pigeon Forge has an outside bar with a band playing in the evenings in warmer months.

Cinn, OH
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tips please

We are in our 50's, we enjoy Dollywood a lot and go at least once a year. We also love to have a picnic somewhere in the Smokies. Don't forget the shopping, either in the outlets or the craft train outside of Gatlinburg.

Franklin, Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tips please

There is a bar called Crawdaddys (I think that's the name) on the strip in Gatlinburg that has karaoke in the evenings.

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tips please

Crawdaddy's is the correct name. I remember walking down the strip and hearing the singing (or lack thereof) from across the street. See street view on Google maps and see your outdoor seating.

I also second DollyWood, we are a couple in our 30's and try our best to make sure it is open when we visit.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,011 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tips please

Sweet Fanny Adams was AWFUL--I consider it a community service to advise people not to go.

Level Contributor
1,387 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tips please

I haven't been to Sweet Fanny Adams in awhile. It was great then, but I know the great Don MacPherson passed away a few years back. I believe his kids have taken over the show..

Wilder, KY
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: tips please

Hoggs N Honey's does have a patio. Some of the restaurants in Gatlinburg also have patios (Dick's Last Resort, No Way Hose's Cantina, Loco Burro, Howard's, Crawdaddy's) where you can have a drink later in the evening. But, to be honest, the town dies down pretty quick around 10 unless you're there during a college spring break (and I'm assuming that's not what you're looking for :)).

If you're going with another couple, I think you'll find hanging out on the deck of your cabin (or balcony of your hotel), relaxing and enjoying a drink is a pretty good way to end an evening.

Smyrna, Tennessee
Level Contributor
520 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tips please

Right beside Sweet Fanny Adams is the Rocky Top Tavern. They have karaoke every night they are open - after 9:30.

9. Re: tips please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 05:19