We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

We have stayed in Gatlinburg many times throughout the last 20 years. We are now without at home children so do not need a huge cabin. My husband is a freak about the hot tub being on a deck that has no access by an outside stairway, ground level, or a wrap around deck. We had bears confront us one visit while loading the car very early. Although there was no trouble, it is now an issue. Like to view them from a longer distance than walking towards you. Would also love a fabulous view.

Middletown
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

Check out 841 Mountain View Lodge with Chalet Village Rentals. Beautiful views and decks can only be accessed from inside the chalet. We stayed here a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The only downside, is the driveway is fairly steep.

Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

Thanks so much for the recommendation! Although I would prefer to be in the Gatlinburg area as opposed to Pigeon Forge, the view is outstanding. The driveway is not a big deal as we have encountered many of these before. Appreciate it.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

This property IS inside the city of Gatlinburg. Looking at it on a map is deceiving because it is at an elevation of about 2000ft. Chalet Village is in the hills above Gatlinburg and it only takes maybe 10 minutes to get downtown from there. My family stays at a couple of places on Skyline Dr, which is just around the corner from there, and we love it!

Mentioned in this post
Chalet Village
Chalet Village
551 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

Thanks so much for the advice. You know, as many times as we have been to Gatlinburg, the mapping locations are still deceiving to me.

Middletown
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

Even though the description says view of Pigeon Forge, all I remember was the great mountain view. We were there in summer so maybe that is the difference. Give Chalet Village a call, the staff there has always been very friendly and helpful. They might be able to find a place even better suited to your needs.

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
6. Re: Cabin with view and hot tub with inside access only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20