We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing cabin

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
fishing cabin

Has anybody ever stayed at a cabin in the Gatlinburg area where you could actually walk outside and fly fish?

My husband's favorite thing about being in the mountains is fishing. In the past, I would take a book, plop on a rock, and waste the hours away while he fished until we were hungry. But, now we have a toddler so those lazy days are gone! Last time we visited, he didn't get to fish as much as he wanted and I felt like we were always waiting for him to get back. I thought we could alleviate this problem if we stayed somewhere where he could walk right outside and fish and I would be able to know where he was and drag him back if necessary. We'll probably be traveling with some other family so around three bedrooms would be best.

Most of the cabin companies make it difficult to search for a river location. Jackson Mountain let me but the only one that worked was booked for our dates in May.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing cabin

Check out Cosby on vrbo.com. There are several nice cabins on Cosby creek which is a stocked trout stream as well as stream born trout.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 21:38
Walkersville, MD
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing cabin

Not sure if this is the same one..... but we stayed with Jackson Mountain homes last year and our place was called River Memories (pretty sure that's the name). Right in front of the house was Little Pigeon River and my husband fished everyday. It was VERY nice!!!

~Sharon

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing cabin

Try www.vrbo.com Several cabins/chalets on there for rent (most by the owner) and near/on a creek/river on near a fishing pond/lake. Fireside Chalets use to have some cabins that was located close to a private lake, called "Hidden Lake Resort" We've not rented thru them in a few years so I'm not sure if they still have these available. We did rent one (Yrs. ago) that was in this resort thru Fireside and it was a cute cabin. This one we rented was closer to main road then to the lake but they had several (at that time) that set close to the lake. www.firesidechalets.com

4. Re: fishing cabin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:15