We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg Hotels

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gatlinburg Hotels

I want to thank everyone for all the suggestions on places to go and do in the Smokey’s. My last question is about lodging. I was wondering about a nice hotel, with pool that’s not a crazy high price but clean, GOOD BED. Like everyone I suppose we all want it cheap and nice. lol. Any suggestions I would appreciate it!!

Thanks

Fort Wayne...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

We just spent a week at Kingwood Inn on Bishop Lane. My daughter used the heated pool, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff were very pleasant. We had a two queen bed room in the building across from the office. Enjoyed our stay very much and plan to return next year. Price was reasonable at $64 per night plus tax but I think that was still considered off season rates, not positive what peak rates are in the summer. It is located about two blocks from the parkway but was quiet at night and is right by the bypass for easy way out of town through back roads.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

thanks!

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
233 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

We usually stay at a chalet or cabin but last year decided to stay at Econolodge in Gatlinburg, I forget what street it is but it is only a block or two off the main strip, not a bad walk at all!! And you came right out at where Ripley's museum and the Ski Lift is so your right in the middle of town, they have some really good rates and be sure and ask for poolside, the rooms were clean and the staff was very nice. There is also a quaint little bar that we enjoyed right before you get to the strip from the motel , they had specials and karaoke.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,896 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

I would recommend quality inn creek side. That's where we stay when we need cheap. We really like the location because its right in town and you can walk to everything. We have stayed here for $65 When others on the pkwy way over $100. We ask for a room over the creek and its always been nice and clean with good beds too. Remember if you don't stay within distance you will most likely have to pay to park when you drive into Gatlinburg.  They have a pool but we have never used it and they have a pretty nice breakfast. I have found that calling gets you a better rate than what's on the internet.

Www.qualityincreekside.com

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

We just got back last weekend from our 2nd stay at Mountain Heritage Inn on River Road, it was VERY clean and the staff was very friendly. You can leave your car parked and walk all over Gatlinburg. The beds were very comfortable and it also had a fridge in the room but no hair dryer or iron or ironing board but other than that it was perfect....oh and the shower was great too, great pressure and the water stayed hot (I have been in some hotels that the hot water wasn't plentiful). This is our new Place we will stay at when staying up in Gatlinburg.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
77 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

Jack Huff's Motor Lodge is very clean and inexpensive. It is in an excellent location, walk through the village and you are right on the main strip. Very friendly workers, clean hotel, and great location.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

I always enjoy how everyone seems to have their own favorite. One place I rarely see mentioned in response to questions like this is the Twin Island motel. On the strip, but back in a quiet, wooded area along the Little Pigeon River.

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

Heading down the 18th of May. Staying at Mountain Heritage Inn. Glad to hear someone thought it was a good place. We usually stay at the Econolodge on Reagan. Just a block off the parkway. Good rates, breakfast, employees. Pool not heated but probably fine in warm weather. The room over the office is great. Large and has a view of the space needle.

paintsville ky
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

babysitter4u, I think you will like Mountain Heritage InnI, Like I posted before we have stayed there twice and have had no problems. It is always clean, now it's not the Ritz but it is a good quiet, clean place to stay and best of all you can leave your car parked and walk all over Gatlinburg. Please let us know how you liked it when you return.

Edited: 05 May 2014, 00:28
Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatlinburg Hotels

We can't wait. We made reservations there last year but found out 3 days before leaving that the pool would not be open due to resurfacing. We were able to pick our deposit up from them while we were down there and ended up again at the Econolodge. Was a great trip but looking forward to trying out the Mountain Heritage. Thank you for your input. Will do a quick trip report when we return.