We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

Hi all,

I'm looking for some suggestions. I'll be traveling to Gatlinburg with a group of friends and thought it would be really fun to go to a paint and sip class. The names of these types of places vary, but the idea is the same. These are classes that provide the art supplies and the group follows the instructors lead creating the chosen painting for that session. Many either sell wine or allow you to bring a bottle.

In some areas you'll find:

Spirited Art

Painting with a Twist

Pinot's Palette

So far I have been unable to find any locations in Gatlinburg. Are there any places that my wonderful Tripadvisor community know of that does a similar type of thing? I'm open to suggestions if there are maybe places that do this with pottery, jewelry or some other type of crafty/artsy thing.

Thanks in advance!

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

The arts & crafts community offers an abundance of local art to peruse, but I'm not sure if any of them allow visitor participation. Good luck!

gatlinburgcrafts.com/member_listing2012.html

http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

The only crafts shop that offers "customer participation" that I know of, is Alewines Pottery in the "Smokie mountain arts & crafts community" on Glades road in Gat/burg. I was there a few years ago, and they were letting customers "try their hand" at making pottery. But I don't think these "sessions" include any wine tasting.

Ray

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

Paint and Sip are wonderful ways to have a girls night or fun parties. Unfortunately at this time, there does not seem to be any in the area of Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. I was able to locate one in Knoxville. Depending on your desire to drive a bit (about 1-1/4 hour or so from town-depending on where you stay). I have attended one here in chicago and love them. Many friends have attended bars and resturants who hold these types of events in them and they are always a big hit. Would be nice if something like that came to the area. But anyways, here is the link to the one in Knoxville. You may try calling them and see if they have an option to come to your cabin if you have a large group? some of the places here offer private parties where they come to you. Good luck

http://www.myspiritedart.com/knoxville/

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

Thanks for sharing, I know they have Painting with a Twist in Knoxville which we were considering but I didn't realize Spirited Art was also there. I will look into that one as well. It would be great if one was closer but those aren't too far away.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

Thanks for the info!

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
4 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

I think that location has closed. :(

7. Re: Paint and Sip Classes in/around Gatlinburg, TN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 07:16