We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas parade

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
christmas parade

My husband and I would like to come for the parade. My question is - Would it be better to come the week of the parade or come on friday and stay the week after the parade? We are trying to see which week would less crowded. Thanks

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
677 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas parade

We tend to be pretty quiet the next two weeks after the Thanksgiving Holiday. It's the quiet time before the busy Christmas week.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas parade

We have been to the parade many times and it's wonderful. I think either way you should be fine. It tends to get busy in Gburg early that a.m. and most stay the whole weekend. I would not recommend arriving on Friday unless you can get there really early that day. We had some friends try to join us one time and they did not make it for the parade because traffic increased their travel time so much. We tried to stay in Pigeon Forge one time too and it took us almost 2 hours to get into Gburg and to get back afterwards.

3. Re: christmas parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:16